1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I can confirm that if a Democrat pulled that sh*t before Trump....they'd be off the ballot in a nanosecond.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And would deserve it.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Putin laughs so hard he wets his pants thinking how easy it was to buy the GOP.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

You're looking live at the head of the RNC

[​IMG]

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, sure it's surface level analysis, and lord knows I don't know what I'm talking about. It's why I prefer to link Beau instead of paraphrasing him, he is much more conscientious about what he says and his word choices. OTOH, the implications of the R's fumbling their way into a D majority are far reaching. That's why it's such an effective threat against the loonies.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

She can run her mouth all she wants. It's what she does. The question is "Will anyone actually file a motion to vacate?".

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I will buy her dinner and bigly bolster her confidence to file the motion to get that ball rolling.

8. Neutral Corner

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Good thread.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

As far as I care, once they get Ukraine and Taiwan and humanitarian care for Gaza sorted, they can adjourn all the way to September and regroup in time to keep the government open (again). They won't be missed.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The motion to vacate is now meaningless, because enough Democrats will now vote to keep Johnson because he came around on the foreign aid bill. Favor gets favor in return. In addition, this means that they kind of own Johnson now, at least for this Congress. In further addition, this is going to make Johnson's future considerably more complicated. It would hardly be a surprise if he draws a super MAGA challenger in his next Republican primary in whatever part of Louisiana he represents.

Draft saved Draft deleted