1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dear God, he's making a campaign speech here.

2. HanSenSE

At one time, I had to see an urologist whose waiting room TV was tuned to RT. It had taken over one of the local access channels, so I hope it was just a case of the set defaulting there and the office staff not paying attention. Pure Ruskie propaganda, but one show that caught my eye was hosted by a solid 6 who served cocktails at the end of her show. Googled her. Not only a UC Santa Cruz grad, but the daughter of Irina Rodina, one of the Ruskies' top pair skaters.

As for the doctor, last I heard of him he'd been charged with inappropriate touching of some female patients.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hawkeye did get too woke

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Was it RT or Al Jazeera that took over for an all-news channel some years back? I remember watching DW, the CBC and some other outlets. Shame. I liked that channel, but apparently was one of the only people who watched.

5. HanSenSE

IIRC, Al Jazeera bought Al Gore's green-oriented network and reinvented it as a news network.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I confess a weakness for Gunsmoke.

Slacker likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Considering that MTG is a POS, shouldn’t we just assume she’s KGB and call the FBI and CIA and have them work with ICE to deport her to RUS? Otherwise, the Ex-P named DJT may cause another riot so his PP tape doesn’t wind up on MTV.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think I told this before, but when my 70-something white Dad was in a rehab center after two heart surgeries, one night he was watching NBC News; the TFG came on, and the African-American attendant who was taking his dinner tray away asked Dad, “I guess you support him, right?”

And my Dad responded, “No, he’s an idiot.”

The attendant laughed and high-fived my father.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed a lot of older guys with STEM or business degrees or both tend to be very conservative.

Exhibit A: Hat Man.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Preach

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It's mind-blowing to watch happen over just a few years. My octogenarian father was a physician, researcher and at one time CEO of a public hospital. He held moderate political views most of his life, and has been both a registered Democrat and a registered Republican at different points. After he retired he stayed active for a while, but about 10 years ago he stopped trying to do as much and parked his ass in front of the tv for a steady diet of CNN, Fox & MSNBC.

Slowly Fox took over. It's on about 80 percent of the time he's awake. He let's my mom have an NCIS episode here and there. Now he spouts Fox News' bullshit non-stop.

Makes it exhausting to spend time with him, and by proxy with my mother, and time is getting very short for both of them. My very young kids are gonna have limited memories of their crazy old grandpa. Makes me sad AF.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    Slacker, Hermes, tea and ease and 2 others like this.
  12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

LOL!

Twirling Time and Baron Scicluna like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted