1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Raises hand.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2muchcoffeeman and Liut like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Isn't it considered in some cases to be a violation of the NDA to even publicly confirm the existence of an NDA?

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    I'll admit to a few things:
    1) On the occasions I've seen Sen. Tester on C-SPAN, was impressed with his civility.
    2) Oh, @TigerVols, awesome story!
    3) I'm really jaded about politicians today. Probably need to quit reading everything about Harry Truman and Gerald Ford I get my hands on.

OscarMadison, Slacker, wicked and 3 others like this.
  5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

So I was having dinner with my former father-in-law as we remain on excellent terms. He is a now retired American Studies professor and just someone that most people could enjoy talking politics and current events with because he has a different perspective. He's 76 now and said an interesting things about potentially being closer to an RFK Jr./Biden presidential race than people think.

He doesn't think the hush money trial will take Trump out, but the election reversal case could be a problem if they can get it started in August. Overall he said Trump's team has navigated through this pretty well, showing that the best defense in politics is still a good offense and having some luck in situations like completely swinging on Fani Willis and managing a hit just to get that Georgia issue out of the public eye. But still the legal situations are overwhelming and eventually members of the party will grow enough balls to say, 'why are we putting everything on the line for this fucking guy?'

All that being said, he didn't see an "emergency candidate" emerging for the red team. "Tim Scott? Ted Cruz? Ron DeSantis? Who wants to vote for these people? Nikki Haley did the smart thing by getting out at the right time and not falling into the Trump vortex. Stay outside of that shit and see what happens when the smoke clears. Trump people don't like Tim Scott or Ron DeSantis or any of these guys. I mean they are fine with them as long as Trump likes them because they are kissing his ass, but Trump will turn on them the minute they try to replace him and his pilgrims will follow his lead."

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

MAGGATs will never ever ever accept anybody nonwhite or non-conventionally XXtian male as a replacement for Fatfuck on the ballot now or ever.

Remember the Trumpfuck fascist party is literally built on white male insecurity-- terror against the "replacement theory"

If for whatever miraculous reason Fatfuck is not on the ticket in November, they will never stand for a nonwhite nonmale non conventionally named surrogate. It will have to be a good ole boy white male asshole, otherwise the forces of Woke have won. No matter how much the Uncle Tom/Stepin Fetchit or Grizzly Mama "diversity clowns" have pledged fealty to Fatfuck.

So I'm smelling Vance or maybe Tucker. Maybe a possibility of Abbott, but it will be hard for MAGA Nation to switch from the supremely powerful and dynamic physical specimen Fatfuck to get behind a cripple gimp in a wheelchair.

But he does talk the talk.

wicked likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Raises hand.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The trial date is 13 days away. OF COURSE it was postponed, since there's kinda sorta another trial going on.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She performed as intended.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Robin Ficker? Running for Senate? On a pro-Trump platform?

I shall heckle him roundly. And I shall continue to heckle him until I lose my front-row seats.

TowelWaver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted