1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It does not have to be mandatory to provide a database. If a website is a federal clearing house for pregnancy services and can generate a list of all those who register in order to use the site, that is de facto a list of names that can be investigated if a state passes laws that limit a pregnant woman's options or make it illegal to go out of state for care.

States might not have access to it, or under a Republican administration they just might. There's not much I'd put past them at this point.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's so amazeballs (yeah, I said that, sorry) that my fragile, tentative religious beliefs now come down to this devoted nightly mantra as I drift off to sleep: "Take him now, God, wouldya? ... I mean, willya, God? Like right now?... Please, God, just please take him now, OK?"

It might not hasten the process, but I do get to sleep soon (and well) after that.

Anyway, any Monday or Tuesday would be best, because I do have church stuff on Wednesdays.

Thank you, God!

maumann likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The best people

8. Neutral Corner

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

And give up all that power? Shiiiiiit. It's HIS court. And if the Dems ever really decide to mobilize against the court, they have to label this as the Thomas court. Every decision is rubber stamped by him. Conflicts of interest? Fuck 'em. For him the system has a price tag and anyone willing to pay it will get his support.

The four-part podcast on Clarence Thomas from Joel Anderson of Slate one of the great pieces of digital journalism out there.

https://slate.com/podcasts/slow-burn/s8/becoming-justice-thomas

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted