1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Of course not

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

And I thought Randy was the only batshit nuts brother.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Fox news....misleading?!?!? No way

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

He's voted like 99% with the Dems and Biden. He's just a shit-stirrer on social media.

8. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Hopefully Trump is sentenced to serve time behind bars -- a couple of gay ones in California.
    That would probably be worse for him than actual prison time.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

As long as they're from Katz

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

With so many counts -- 34 -- I could see almost anything. I could see them deadlocked on a few that they just don't want to deal with. This gives them the appearance of having put some time into it. They render the same verdict on all counts they can decide. I really doubt they will convict on some and acquit on others.
    You know they want to acquit. It makes their lives easier. Nobody levels any public death threats against them if they acquit.
    That's probably what they'll do.

The best prediction has to be from Ty Cobb (the former Trump lawyer, not the player), who suggested that Friday is the day because juries render a disproportionate number of verdicts on Friday so they can enjoy the weekend.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How many prosecutions has the state of New York pursued under the general precepts if not precise chapter and verse?
    Is it uncommon for states to take somebody to trial for business fraud? If so, is that because the defendant pleads out? Or because the charges are never brought in the first place?

Draft saved Draft deleted