1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Biden turns his 2020 voters back out, he wins. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t. And if today doesn’t clarify the choice for the disgruntled, we were always doomed.

We can’t put a criminal back in charge. That’s the message.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If the Republicans had any sense (HA!), they'd deny CFTFG quicker than Peter denied Christ. But who are they going to run that doesn't have the stain of Trump on him/her?

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This is best-case scenario, and one that I think is plausible. I suspect there are many among the right-leaning crowd who are simply exhausted by the whole shitshow. The cult members are lost for good, but they always have been and always will be. If this keeps people who say “I can’t vote for a democrat in good conscience” on the bench in 2024, that’s the best this country can hope for.

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I mean, Rubio, Johnson, all the GOP have already commented today. They're all in line. Cmon. Believe them. This is who they are.

Fred siegle and wicked like this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Point someone just made on CNN. ... someone with a felony conviction can't work in the West Wing. Yet, if the idiocy of this country elects this clown again, he will be working in the West Wing.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I don’t believe them because they don’t even believe themselves. They need the cult voters. They’re not as dumb as they want their voters to think they are.

maumann likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s a great day and an awful day.

We just had a former president convicted.

The test of our government, and nation, will be if it forces to him to comply with the ruling.

It’s a test I’m not looking forward to, and one we, as a nation, must pass to survive.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It all started the first time he cheated at golf ...

TigerVols, tea and ease and garrow like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Stolen from comments on The Onion Facebook feed:

Person. Man. Indictment. Trial. Guilty.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I like my Presidents who haven't been convicted of a felony.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The truth about the MAGA clowns is that they are not some new people who changed in 2015-2016; they're the KKK, Jim Crow, George Wallace, Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond supporters who were kept in check by the "moderates". Somehow the moderates let the zombies out of their cage and here we are. Of course, if the Blues and "moderates" had simply frozen out the Tea Party idiots and marginalized them, maybe the zombies never regenerate. Once Tea Party idiocy became part of our government and the GOP latched onto them, we got MAGA.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Q: For how long will Donald J. Trump be known as a convicted felon?

A:

2muchcoffeeman, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted