1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Felonald Trump

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm curious ... how can you say that after there was a January 6?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

trump found guilty but joe biden could not find his sunglasses when they were in his shirt pocket what else would be misplace as president

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The teamtrump Twitter on fundraising overdrive which is both disgusting and to be expected

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don’t think they’ll do anything tonight. But the lord and savior is having his friends in the media over for a meeting at 11 am tomorrow. There and then, he will rile up his klan. So some violence thereafter is possible. It won’t be organized or a mass protest. But somebody somewhere will be inspired to send a bomb or do something else.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I realize anyone saying Cheeto Jesus is innocent/hit jobbed/etc. is either a rube or liar, but the levels of any felony conviction in this country are mind boggling.
    Accusation, investigation, grand jury, indictment, presentation and exclusion of evidence, 12 people agreeing to it.... and that's just for some ordinary criminal. To think that every i wasn't dotted and t crossed for a former POTUS 34 times is beyond ignorant of how anything works.

maumann likes this.
  7. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

No one knows him better than New Yorkers.

Spartan Squad and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The narrative out of delusional Trump World is that "they just guaranteed his re-election," when truth be told, a healthy percentage of undecideds and Republicans who are wavering have said they won't vote for him if he gets convicted on anything.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Here’s the thing about Jan. 6: It was a lose-lose. Neither side got what it wanted after that.

A bunch of thugs stormed the Capitol. Some of them got prison sentences basically proportionate to what they would have received if they had stormed a Rite-Aid in Manchester, N.H., rather than the Fuck Around and Find Out that polite society actually wanted the courts to hand down. An L for polite society.

Biden won the election and was inaugurated on Jan. 20, just like he was supposed to be. All that rioting and breaking and prison timing got the cult members nothing. An L for the cult.

Trump was not convicted nor indicted for his role in the insurrection. The branches of government can’t even seem to agree that it was an insurrection as per Amendment XIV Section 3. So, nothing gained there. An L for the rule of law.

I think that, outside of people like us who follow the shit out of all things political and people whose identities are wrapped up in people being part of the cult, this whole thing is at worst a big “yawn” and at best “fuck, I’m just so sick of all this.” The cult needs some subsection of non-members who lean right to support it in order to get what it wants. The best-case scenario endgame is for the cult to lose what support it gets from the non-members.

I fully believe that at the very worst, the actual cult is 25 percent of the voting population, and it’s not growing. I think there’s going to be enough people on the cult side who saw that Jan. 6 was a lose-lose and will have a hard time ginning up the enthusiasm to do anything other than bloviate on Twitter.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump <handshake emoji> Clinton

Getting in trouble for cheating on their wife.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What flag will Mrs. Alito be flying tonight?

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

They seem to say that after everything that happens to him. And he ain't won shit since 2016.

Draft saved Draft deleted