1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Naaaaaa, no couch. That wasn't the first nor will it be the last similar exchange.
    My wife's problem is Twitter. When Musk bought it, I thought it was a glorious day because I was in hopes it would shut down. She has to find something to be mad about. Yesterday was just me snapping. We have a great life. It was Sunday evening. I was living the dream. Unless the house was at that point in time actually on fire, I didn't want to hear about anything. A few weeks ago, we were going out of town for my niece's wedding. It was an upscale deal at a very upscale place.... great meal, open bar, dancing, family all around, etc. The next morning we were going sight seeing somewhere we'd never been. All of it right on the water. When we got in the truck, I said, "Last chance." "Last chance what?" "Last chance to tell me whatever you found on Twitter, because until we get back here, unless it's followed by 'is dead' I don't want to hear the word Trump. I don't care. I'm going to have a good time."
    My buddy has a similar problem with his wife and FaceBook. She misses out on the lives of her own three kids because her nose is constantly in her phone to see what other people are doing that might be better than what she is. It's bad enough that the 9-year-old mocks her: "Mommy, I did something really cool today, but you wouldn't have noticed because it's not on your phone."

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

1. Revenge for being held accountable

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Right before the events of Jan. 6, Trump tried to appoint a boob to Attorney General, and the DoJ leadership had to tell him, "we will all quit if you do this," and it worked.

What happens when it doesn't work?

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That’s the thing. The guardrails barely held las time. I doubt they will again.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

That's the thing about guardrails - They always hold up just fine, until they don't. That people would offer up the, "really aren't both parties equally bad?" excuse and move forward continues to baffle me.

gingerbread likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I spent from November, 2016 until January, 20, 2021 screaming at the fucking television. I can't do this again for another four years.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Spicoli voice: Mr. Hand!

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

That's fuckin' sad.

Beyond sad, actually: It's shamefully horrible.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know...I think it's actually pretty easy to not support Trump, and have him be a separate issue from...the issues. And yes, it's certainly possible someone might go along with one (or some) Republican views, while being a Democrat otherwise.

Draft saved Draft deleted