1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whenever a MAGAT mentions “the Deep State” I really wish some media people would follow up by asking them for specific names of who, exactly, is in “the Deep State” and ask them if every person who is against Trump is considered a member of “the Deep State”.

Get their fascism on the record.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I want lower taxes* (MAGA!) and the defense budget slashed to ribbons (libtard!). I want immigration laws to be strongly enforced (MAGA!) and for a woman to have the right to choose (libtard!). I don't think we can reverse or even halt whatever climate change is coming down the pike (MAGA!) and I want Social Security preserved and the income threshold greatly increased to at least $250,000 ---*the only additional tax I support (libtard!). I want government bloat slashed (MAGA!) and for Donald Trump to die today (libtard!).

Yes, it's certainly possible.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Other than the climate change part, this is generally where I come down on most of these. I particularly agree that the Social Security threshold should be raised, and I’d raise it to $400,000.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The only times Alma takes a position a Democrat would are when someone accuses him of being full of shit about his political leanings.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You can hold Democratic positions without feeling the need to broadcast every one of them to a bunch of people on here. Some people are fine with preaching to the choir. Others find it silly. Do we really NEED Alma to be the 2,739th person on here breathlessly posting every inane thing the GOP does? Is that beat not sufficiently covered? I'd rather him be the first or second to point out the failings on the Democratic side that may open the door for its opposition to run the country again.

"First step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one." --- Will McAvoy

At this stage in the game, simply BEING here ipso facto is evidence of Democratic leanings, even if you may feel the party is pulling away. Whether voluntary or involuntary, the GOPers have left the building.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Some of you are giving Alma way too much credit. Alma's a dishonest, *omits things that will get me a timeout, but are still true* troll.

Positions of the people are nuanced. It is possible to be nuanced. Alma is as nuanced as a bull's rear end.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I don’t even care what anyone’s politics are.

The last time Donald Trump was unrestrained by the prospect of a pending election, he tried to use the power of the office to stay in office.

That should be a no-go for everyone, regardless if you think Joe Biden personally caused inflation.

You saw how terrible it was his last 45 days in office, and you’re going to vote for four years of that, with a GOP now stripped of those who would stand in his way, because otherwise Joe Biden might show up and give you an abortion and make you be trans????

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If his work deters Trump from a path back to the White House, he deserves compensation.
    Funny how you’re not disturbed by entire outlets that have surrendered to your klan in the name of Balance. Your boy Alito flies the flag of treason and the Post kills the story. But one blogger? Oh dear.

matt_garth likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No one here is voting for Trump. Including me. So who is this person you're describing?

Draft saved Draft deleted