1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"Joe Biden's inflation is killing us!!!!!!"

Also: "We need to create a labor shortage!!!!!!"

HanSenSE, Driftwood, garrow and 2 others like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wait'll you hear 'em scream when Meemaw and Papaw have to move in because the nursing home can't meet staffing requirements anymore.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I saw a tweet yesterday bitching that an In and Out double cheeseburger combo costs like $11 now, and that the $20 minimum wage in Cali is killing the economy. My reply was that any topline fast food combo here in Alabama costs $10, and the minimum wage is $7.50.

Imagine trying to live on $7.50/hr. <shudder>

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The Soviet navy was a joke. Their ships looked impressive with all the stuff, but that's because most systems had to be redundant. They stayed broken, and no one on board could fix them.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It's like the world's best Potemkin navy.

I like to think of some Russian Naval Engineer saying, "hey should we consider developing effective point defense for our ships, so they'll be floating long enough to support offensive capabilities," and then getting immediately thrown out a window.

Driftwood and franticscribe like this.
  6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My father, who has never done a day of manual labor in his life, is really whipped up about the southern border thanks to Fox News. Meanwhile, we rely on a home health care agency to take care of him and primarily my mother, who has advanced dementia. The agency seems to exclusively employ Kenyan immigrants. We've had the same agency for years and tend to have one or two individual caregivers for long stretches of time. I've helped several of them out over the years when they or their kids have had run-of-the-mill legal matters. I figure it's the least I can do since I can't afford to supplement their pay and I know what they make is inadequate.

Anyway, the ranting old man who blares Fox News all day and relies on immigrants to get him dressed in the morning and keep him fed and to make it to his doctor's appointments is apparently oblivious that they don't all have lawful status. It's mind blowing.

7. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

It's like they went to an aeronautical engineer and said, "Need plane that looks like cross of 85-year-old Babushka and Sturgeon!" and the engineer said, "Da!"

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

WaPo had 10 reporters on the Hunter Biden conviction.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Christian Right: “We can discriminate against LGBTQ kids because of our religion.”

Also the Christian Right: “How dare we get discriminated against because of our religion!”

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Admiral Kuznetsov hasn't been the same since he started hoovering blow in a Vegas hotel room in June 2018.

Woody Long and Justin_Rice like this.
  12. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

It's obviously a fuzzy area. Get one person with a green card to represent the business for legal purposes, and who is back in the kitchen? Who really has a piece of the enterprise? It's a subculture lots of people can swim in.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted