1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The voting trend continued in the Ohio 6th election last night. In 2020, convicted felon trump won by 29 points. The trumplican last night won by about six.

When people actually vote just about everywhere, trumplicans underperform significantly and Dems overperform. But, of course, that’s insignificant because a horribly broken polling industry indicates otherwise.

Hermes, 2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm tempted. A few months back something went hinky with their cable connection. He called me to accuse me, with righteous indignation, of having done something to his t.v. so he couldn't watch Fox anymore. Note: I hadn't been to visit them for about a month because of little people in my house having colds or other respiratory infections and not wanting to share. Problem was with the cable system, which is handled entirely by the retirement community they live in. Took me a while to calm him down and convince him to call the front office.

I figure if I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway, I might as well do it.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Its called oversampling. Trump has cooked the Republican party down to a very loud, yet significantly smaller number of voters.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Here’s an extra $50 to keep this an Unsolved Mystery.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Robert Stack approves.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We are down to the upper $2.70s here. I'm tempted to get some of those "Biden did that" stickers and put them up on the pumps if it keeps dropping.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Republicans fought hell bent for leather to defeat the very idea of Social Security in the 1930s. Elderly people were dying by the thousands in shantytowns and they still fought it tooth and nail. They regarded unemployment insurance as paid vacation for pinkos. In the Sixties they fought Medicaid and Medicare with similar fury. They've been fighting ever since to privatize, sandbag and sabotage them.

They want to eliminate it. ALL of it. That's their long term plan.

Baron Scicluna and dixiehack like this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If this holds and replicates for November, then it would mean a Biden landslide, which seems kind of crazy to me. There were no polls for that Ohio election, plus it was a special, so results can be weird for those anyway. But Ds have been overperforming in pretty much all special elections lately, but look like dogshit in most polling. Either it has just been a weird clustering, or something is up with the polls.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Gas prices dropped here for the first time in months. The cash-only gas station that’s probably using 60-year-old pumps is usually the first to chop prices.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I certainly won't make any guarantees. Absolutely anything can happen in the next five months. But actual results haven't matched up with polls for a long time now. I think methods are largely out of date. And a big chunk of about 10 percent seems to be missing. My guess is the Roe vote, but that's pure speculation.

For those who do live and die by polls, the trend is toward Biden. Whatever actual value they have won't be seen until September or so.

2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
  12. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Who do you know who answers phone calls from an unknown number? If they don't leave a voice mail the call wasn't worth answering.

Draft saved Draft deleted