1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I have very little interest in watching this. Barring someone dropping dead, I can't imagine it really moves the needle. I'm not sure if anything does at this point.

Also, I can't really listen to the convicted felon talk for very long without wanted to throw something at the TV due to his incomprehensible idiocy and lying.

CNN's self-fellating before the event isn't helping either.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

CNN'S HISTORIC PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY BIGFOOT BEARFOOT CAROLINA CRUSHER AND GRAVEDIGGER

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The family that goes deaf together says, What? WHAT?!

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If Big Brother were in charge, “Trump” would be excised from the language.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I can't get grasp the implications inside your mind, man.

What I see is Heritage quote tweeting some unknown lady talking (perhaps incorrectly) about the implications of the birth control pill, and "Angry Staffer" suggesting Republican men are losers who don't get any, so they want to come after the pill so the bad women don't get any either.

Mostly, I pointed out, it's a lady talking in the video so, unless Republican men are blackmailing her, or something, she's at least responsible for her opinion. Right? Or are there only certain opinions, according to "Angry Staffer," women are allowed to have?

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

This is me. I won't be able to bring myself to watch. I'll follow along on Twitter (what can possibly go wrong there?) while having beers after having filed/posted my latest golf story for work. I'll check on the assorted talking heads when it's concluded as well.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Mary Harrington, reactionary feminist, "unknown?"

She's certainly not unknown to the thinkers at conservative think tanks.

Like the Heritage Foundation.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

For a debate with no audience do they even bother with the handshakes and quick photo op?

Draft saved Draft deleted