1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The GOP: "TEACHERS ARE A BUNCH OF PEDOPHILES WHO ARE TURNING OUR KIDS TRANS AND TEACHING THEM TO HATE WHITE PEOPLE!!!!"

Also the GOP: "I'd really like teachers to be in charge of religious education."

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cue Ragu to write 800 words about how we don't actually practice capitalism.

(Kidding, Ragu. Just kidding.)

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

That would be a disaster, too. I can already hear Tucker Carlson's "The Deep State Killed Donald Trump!!!!" interview with Putin.

A sound defeat at the ballot box - enough to make the GOP say "enough!" - is our only hope.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Our God is all-powerful and all-knowing. He created the Heavens and the Earth. But if we don't teach the Bible in school and put up a 10 Commandments poster, He will be defeated by the forces of evil ... despite being all-powerful and all-knowing.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Don't be silly. The answer is:

[​IMG]

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Mrs. Teacher, what does covet thy neighbor's wife mean? What's adultery?" I never even heard this talking point brought up in all the hubbup of the law being passed.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump is a known quantity. In theory, he could win by toning himself down to, say, a 6, but he can't and won't.

Biden did stumble in that debate, for sure, but he's better in 1 on 1 debates. He beat Bernie in 2020 1 on 1. And he beat Trump soundly in their first debate.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And pack heat.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Mrs. Teacher, I’m Jewish and there’s a commandment that says we must keep the Sabbath Day holy. Did God send those deadly tornadoes that killed Little Janie and destroyed Bumfuck Elementary because the Sooners are playing on Saturday afternoons?”

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Data from the CDC. It appears in state-by-state form.. I aggregated.
    RR refers to the 30 states in which Trumpists controlled both chambers of the state legislature as of May 27, 2022.
    DD refers to the 17 states in which Democrats controlled both chambers as of that same date.
    Two states were split control. Nebraska is nominally non-partisan in its one chamber.
    Age-adjusted death rates provide an interesting look at the response to the virus that, according to the Lord and Savior, didn't exist.
    Widespread vaccine ability began in spring of 2021.
    Notice how Trumpist states' death rates actually increased while Democrats' states cut their death rates with the arrival of vaccines in 2021.
    But those damned libruhls taking away our economic freedumb.

upload_2024-6-27_17-57-38.png

franticscribe likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No, because they didn’t cover.

Baron Scicluna and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted