1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I continue to think Biden has been hampered by his staff, like speech writers who have tried to put an orator’s tome on a Teleprompter, instead of writing, not only in Biden’s voice (instead of, say, Obama’s) but in short, simple sentences that an 80+ year old can read as smoothly as possible.

Last night, while listening to the debate on SXM while driving, after getting over my initial cringe, I was yelling at the radio, blaming his staff again, this time his debate prep, who, I think tried to get him to cram 5 minutes of facts and information into 2-minute response times while also reacting to whatever un-fact-checked nonsense Trump was spewing. They should have prepped him to keep it simple, to call out Trump’s lies, to throw in a few zingers (which he did later) and promote on his record — without needing to recite ever million/billion, percentage, job number, etc. But no, he had to hurriedly blast his way through those first responses, and was simply incoherent at times. It was a poor strategy, and I think it’s because he has people around him who know smart things but don’t know how to put it in the president’s voice.

OscarMadison, garrow, Slacker and 5 others like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Love Raskin. He is dealing with cancer, however.
    I’m now of the view that dumping Harris will be even more unpopular within the constituency than the candidate herself.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If Harris gets dumped, you just lost a generation of voters from the Black community.

4. tapintoamerica

NYT calls on Biden to drop out. Paywalled. Can’t tell if they want him to resign from office or just abandon re-election.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Times editorial writers all got the memo: Biden must go.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who will be back in slavery within a decade under a new Fatfuck regime. Their fascists are already arguing that the Reconstruction Amendments are unconstitutional because they contradict the original constitution as handed down to the Framers from Mount Olympus.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They’re actually THAT pissed he won’t give them an interview. Pathetic.

garrow, matt_garth and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. tapintoamerica

Except for Herschel Walker, whom his boy Nate Silver continually predicted would win.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Trae has a good perspective.
    Language NSFW

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

There is no they Harris gets dumped at VP for a variety of reasons, one of them being that if the short-list for Trump is the five everyone believes, she would wipe the floor / show the contrast to bring people back in for the in case of death here's whose in charge vote.

You want her against older white guy (Burgum), no experience white guy (Vance) or women/minority (Rubio, Scott or Noem)

Draft saved Draft deleted