1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This diplomat needs to learn about the 12th amendment.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

After driving virtually the whole length of I-55 through Missouri today, I have concluded that it is somehow more MAGA’d out than the Deep South. There’s apparently a governor’s race on as well this year and each one has batshit billboards crazier than the last guy. Whatever billboards they aren’t using get plastered with either PSA stuff from the state (because there’s not enough commerce in eastern Missouri to create paying customers) or it’s crazy anti-abortion shit so numerous I assume it likewise has to be someone getting a cut rate on signs that would otherwise sit blank.

Even after crossing into the St. Louis city limits that’s all there were. If there’s a Democrat running, he or she apparently has a campaign budget of nine bucks.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Larry tried way too hard out of the gate.

Watch-watch, my-my steed-steed go-go far, far
    Watch my steed go far

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The “bacon” wrapped “hot dogs” in TJ were awesome.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Did you see her? Welcome back.
    IMG_0488.jpeg

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is nuts how the news cycle is so weird. Our attention spans are so short, memories even shorter. Saw a guy on a street corner today - all by himself - with a sign that said Trump talked about infrastructure for four years, Biden got it done in two. It kind of fired me up. To me, it isn't about Biden, or whomever the person is at the top of the ticket - its about that guy on the corner. That's who I'll be working for this fall.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"put a price on it"

cool

Texas megachurch pastor tried to pay off his child sexual abuse victim, phone transcript shows

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One thing is that, both due to these modern times when everyone has a voice on the Internet, and Trump’s constant bleating about “fake news”, is that newspaper/journalism politician coverage is just about useless.

I look at political coverage, with all of these stories saying “this COULD happen” or “this MAY happen” and I just want to immediately flip the page or turn the channel.

Stop trying to make predictions. Stop telling me what to think. Stop being cliche (horserace coverage). Stop being lazy. (diner stories). Report what is happening. Report on issues.

9. Baron Scicluna

Bleach. It’s the bleach.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Stuff costs a lot.

People aren’t happy.

Fewer Americans want to have kids.

That’s what’s happening.

12. Baron Scicluna

Yep. So report that. Don’t tell me what it could mean, though.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted