1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I remember a certain Senator from Delaware dropped out very early in 2008 because he did terribly in the polls.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting that you're troubled by an editorial that points out Trump's unworthiness for the highest office in the land.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

Democrats also know that Trump can be beaten. In fact, he is so evil and stupid that he might be the only nominee who could lose to an incumbent who is ~ 20 points under water in generic job-approval rating.

dixiehack, Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

That's also in an era when conventions mattered and primaries weren't as numerous or consequential as they are now.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It may be gendered, it may be racism, it may be a combination of a million things but I don’t think that Harris can come close to beating Trump.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How so?

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

But he lies loudly....and confidently!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tapintoamerica

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have nothing against Harris. She isn't particularly charming or charismatic, but I'm ok with that. I think she would be a competent President who listens to her advisors and the experts. The problem is that she'll face the same prejudice that Obama did, along with facing the additional lift of being female. There are enough voters in this country that will be unwilling to vote for her over one or the other to make a difference in a tight race, and if she runs it's already going to be closer than the last election.

The problem remains that if the D's run someone else at this point they'll lose a lot of voters.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a hard problem, but a simple one.If you think Harris can beat Trump, then you certainly can believe Biden should drop out. If you don't, you have to stick with Biden because there are no alternatives that aren't just pundit fairy dust.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024 at 6:09 PM
    TigerVols and Webster like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remember the MAGASCOTUS will make whatever ruling is necessary to fuck the Democratic Party to the max.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

it's unfair <in disgusting mucousy voice>

Draft saved Draft deleted