1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

So you're saying they shouldn't be godfathered in?

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    My stepfather served in Vietnam as an aircraft mechanic. Suffered from PTSD, partly because he wondered if a mistake on his part was the reason some pilots didn't make it back.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the point was for them to cover Trump's ass. Same bunch who will ultimately decide what gets thrown out.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, it is about blast pressure. If SEALs are dealing with that, I can't imagine what artillery and tankers are experiencing. Though I guess thanks to high cadence training rotations, the SEALs might experience it more often?

Sorry I forgot to do the gift link thing, thanks @MileHigh for covering that base.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m gonna guess Biden’s remarks last night didn’t do much to quell the angst. The leakage to the all-too-happy-to-hear-it CNN klan remains considerable.
    I sorta thought the Joe Must Go rhetoric might have dissipated by now. Its persistence suggests we’re not just talking about a bad night.
    Trump is the luckiest SOB in history.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

They're gonna ignore it, no matter what

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Address the entire list, then, instead of cherry-picking one of the smallest items.

Overall point is, the Party of SuperPATRIOTS!!! has a plan that would screw the veterans they say they love.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

MileHigh likes this.
  11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My dad just received disability benefits for his time in Vietnam. Not wounded in combat, but exposure to various chemicals.

Liut, dixiehack and Driftwood like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Biden is done. He'll remain President, but drop the re-election bid. Seems like Harris will be the nominee. The Dems really don't have the luxury of a drawn out battle for the nomination. Well, they DID but Biden chose to run again. Ooops.
    Leaked Polling From Democratic Firm Spells Disaster in Swing States For Biden

I feel bad for Biden of course, but that he doesn't seem to recognize the need to step aside, for the good of the country might be the biggest disqualifier.

And in other news.
    5 Craziest Details from Damning Vanity Fair RFK JR Profile — Featuring a Photo of Him Posing With A Roasted Dog Carcass

JUST IN: Rudy Giuliani Disbarred in New York

White House Staff Stunned By Hunter Biden Joining Meetings

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted