1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

To which I say, Bring it, motherfuckers.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Damn right. I may be a goner, but some fascist is coming along for the ride with me.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sure. Go with this young guy.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Make of it what you will, but on the Predictit betting market Harris went from 15% below Biden to, as of a few minutes ago, the favorite to be the Democratic nominee.

Maybe it moves around all the time and I’ve never noticed, or maybe some people know something.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Might be time to stop quoting Angry Staffer

SFIND likes this.
  6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't be so certain. It's a dick move for someone to try to litigate something like that (we should be making it easy for people to run for office, not throwing up barriers), but each of the states does have rules in place about getting on the ballot and staying or being removed . If you wanted to litigate crap for politicized reasons, this would be prime territory. From a "rules are rules" standpoint it might not be so easy to do the switcheroo in a few states.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The crowning of King Donald I lasted exactly one news cycle.

Slouching toward Gilead.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This explains it all. Change the channel on this monster, America.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So here are the problems with replacing Biden.

x.com

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just posted this on the "Economy" thread, but am going to cross post it, if it is OK. If you want to know why Joe Biden was so unpopular even before the debate and why the status quo serves to make a clown like Donald Trump viable, have a look.

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/financial-freedom-survey/#key-takeaways

"It's the economy, stupid" remains as true about how people vote as it did in 1992, and it's not really "the economy" as much as how financially secure people feel.

A large portion of the country doesn't feel very secure. 90 percent of people born in 1940 grew up to earn more than their parents. Today that number is 50 percent for those born in 1984.

maumann, Liut and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted