1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Just how high are you?

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

No. The Constitution limits someone to to a total of two terms. I suggest Al Gore, who is two years younger than Trmp. GOre would promise to serve only one term.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If only The Rock hadn’t turned heel during his last WWE run …

Baron Scicluna and playthrough like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, the lol is because Trump is fucking stupid enough to put that loon on the ticket.

franticscribe and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

How about someone who is not a white male septuagenarian.

franticscribe and Octave like this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ok, Biden seems to be determined to stay in. And he probably does have the best odds to win over the chaos of changing at this point.

Hopefully he will have some reassuring moments to calm the concerns. Regardless, he's far more mentally fit than the lunatic convicted felon.

It really will come down to people voting for their rights and interests. If it's some sort of bullshit purity test, trump will win. Women and groups that will be affected by the awful, anti-American policies of trump and the disgusting Project 2025, along with SCOTUS for 30 years, will be screwed.

I know what I'm voting for. And if trump wins, I'll likely be fine. I'm older and white. All the groups that will potentially be devastated by trump 2.0? Get off your fucking asses and vote, or suffer what happens. There's never been a more clear choice. I don't care if grandpa rambles.

7. Songbird

1, he won't ... he's got a 5-minute window of coherence before the darkness sets back in.

2, the drumbeat for him to quit especially from Dems and CNN/NYT will become more and more deafening by the second.

3, the 2024 equivalent of the 2016 Bernie Bros is going to freak out and fuck this shit up.

4, this is not doomwhateverit'scalled or chickenlittle'ing

5, Biden is a zombie and it's time to put him out.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's the youngs killing Biden (which makes sense, since Biden himself hasn't been in that demographic since 1972). Only thing stopping Trump from 400 EVs is Baby Boomers.

Joe Biden gets bad news from America's most accurate pollster

maumann likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like No. 5 is gonna happen. So then what? It is going to be close regardless. Close means it's winnable.

And again, if people don't vote or vote against their interests, then that's their choice. And they have to live with the consequences.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He’s 72.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Plus, he's John Kasich.

12. Songbird

Close? This feels more like Biden is down 11-2 with 2 outs in bottom-9 and Johnny LeMaster is at the plate facing Mariano Rivera.

misterbc and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted