1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

The next two days -- the start of a long holiday weekend -- offer a chance for the news dump to end all news dumps.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Should Biden step aside, I think the replacement should be Gavin Newsom. He's got a little star power, at least in terms of the political area, I think. But you have a point. I could see myself voting for Mark Cuban.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Discussed upthread, but bypassing the VP is a problem. A white male in place of the No. 2 who is a woman of color?

matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  4. ringer

ringer Active Member

Starman's totally right. I'm still stunned that all - and I mean ALL - the talking heads are only talking about Biden after the debate, and not the senile loser/liar who was on the other side of the stage who should step aside first - for total incompetence, idiocy, and ignorance of the law. Can't someone discuss what the racist Trump meant by "black jobs" and "brown jobs" and what a shit country the US is and how "everybody" around the world thinks its a piece of shit. Where is the outrage about any of that? Instead, six days later, all we get are bloodthirsty outlets reporting on whispers from inside the administration about Biden. Unreal.
    And if the talking heads think Kamala can win in November - they're WAY off base. She could barely debate her way out of a paper bag when she was running for Pres herself. She's was a HORRIBLE pick for a running mate because she has nothing going for her as a potential successor, and she hasn't really gained any additional strength from being Veep.
    So, yeah, the next Dem candidate (if there is one) should absolutely go for blood.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know it would be a problem. Just saying who I think the replacement should be, and who I would pick at first glance/opportunity, because I think he'd have a chance to actually win the election. That said, I wouldn't have a problem with Kamala Harris running. I think she'd do good job, given the chance. I'm just not sure she'd win the election in order to get to that point.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    JOHN KA-SICH!!!

maumann, Twirling Time and garrow like this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When did this ever happen anywhere?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

And two furloughs a year.

Driftwood and franticscribe like this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

I was on the copy desk at my last (literally, probably) newspaper job and had to answer questions about why I didn't have many (any, really) bylines.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You buried the lead.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

First they came for the copy editors, but ...

Nah, that ain't true. They came for all of us.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Exactly … as I wrote, “in theory.”

Draft saved Draft deleted