1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How many times has this country been bitten in the butt by only looking at the short term?

"Just get us through 2020 without Trump being elected. We'll deal with 2024 whenever."

Knock-knock.
    "Who's there?"
    "Whenever."

Where's the NYT story?!?!?!? :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024 at 10:44 AM
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You actually read the fund raising emails?

Not that I disagree, I just don't even look at them as they go by. If I decide to donate to a candidate, it isn't because of an email pitch.

3. Neutral Corner

No, that would be low information, prejudiced idiot voters.

4. Neutral Corner

It wouldn't hurt to start featuring the Trump related details in the Epstein court document dump.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Biden became “the only one who could beat Trump” when it was down to him and Bernie Sanders. And out of that bracket he wins every time, even in 10 years when he’s drooling pudding on his chin.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The 10 Biden fund raising emails a day are getting tiresome.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When did the Fourth of July become another mandatory high holy day of saluting the troops?

Easily 75% of the Independence Day posts from different organizations and brands are of the “We are the land of the free because of the brave” or “On this Fourth of July, we salute those protecting our liberty.”

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It irks me as well, though I've seen far less of it on my timeline this year.

Memorial Day -- Not thank the troops day, it's a day of somber remembrance of those lost
    Independence Day -- Not thank the troops day, it's celebrating the day of our independence from Great Britain
    Veterans Day -- Thank the troops day

It's not that hard to grasp. But some people just want to out-jingo others.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Flynn thing makes sense if Trump wants his right-hand man to Putin/Kim Jong Un the American military.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024 at 11:49 AM
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

FAHK YOU! WE SHOULD BE SALUTING THE TROOPS EVERY DAY!

Cosmo and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

July 4th has been huge my whole life, and it fact it was probably bigger as a kid than now. But as noted, it was a time of celebration and not jingoism.
    In town as a kid, there were picnics, fireworks, greased pole climbings, water melon eating contests, parades, the National Guard brought out tanks for the kids to climb around on, scavenger hunts, live music, etc. It was celebration for everyone. One year and one year only, they had mud wrestling. Too many of the girls wound up naked, so they decided that really wasn’t a family friendly event. As a 12-year-old, it was glorious.
    Today, if your shorts and shirt aren’t a flag motif, you’re a commie.

Draft saved Draft deleted