1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Because they were Luddites. Then as now, rural, dimwit mouth-breathers
    who just wanted to watch a shiny show as long as the flag is hoisted out front.

2. Slacker

Yeah, that's what I said!!!

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. Slacker

Thank you for your service, Sgt. Farty!

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The biggest problem is the Dems can't attack Fatfuck for being a senile babbling old boob (which he certainly is) with Biden carrying on like this.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Interesting situation up in Alaska:

He is just 47, appointed at 43. With those two seats open, if the Democrats can fill those seats....

garrow likes this.
  6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7-11 reports record sales of Big Gulps.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Big Gulps, huh?

Welp, see you later!

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Its kind of a relief that neither Murkowski nor Sullivan are Trumper nutjobs, but whomever they recommend will probably come from Federalist Judge Supply.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. Della9250

I assume they'll slow-play to see the election results, but they might have to give in on one -- being down two judges for the next seven months might not be tenable. Murkowski was in office when Obama appointed the third, who is now the chief justice of that court, but Sullivan wasn't.

10. Della9250

And it shows another problem with the process -- a judge who announced his vacancy in late February 2022 hasn't even gotten a nominee for his spot yet

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I thought senatorial courtesy for judges went by the wayside. Biden should appoint whomever he pleases.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always thought six months from nomination to "rejection" by the Senate - would be a good rule. If the Senate can't get their shit together in time to block, the jurist sits.

Draft saved Draft deleted