1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And that's your typical Trumper in a nutshell. Like lambs being led to slaughter, they'll believe what Trump says without doing their own research, since that involves book learning. Only when they find out the global warming folks were right, or the SSN they figured they had went toward keeping those Mexikins out of the country do their eyes open.'

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Is that different from the Heritage Foundation's Project 2025? That's the only one I'm familiar with.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@WriteThinking has posed the question of why people support Trump. Was it Leonard Pierce who originally wrote, "The cruelty is the point?"

I saw this on Youtube today and it sums up the mindset I see here on the ground. 'scuse the clickbaity title. I hate those.

Now Ima go back and watch more My Five-Year-Old This Week and 3 Southern Cats and Mama.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kamala/Bernie ...

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Now do Trump.

Seriously. On the one hand, we have an aging president who is feeling the effects of being 80 and probably is much closer to the end than anyone wants to admit

but

He has people around him who are actually good at their jobs and actually follow the law, unlike Trump. He has a competent person waiting in the wings if God forbid something happens. Trump will not.

Trump, meanwhile, is convicted on felony counts. He’s charged with more felony counts. Trump tried to lead a coup. Trump’s advisors are leading Project 2025, which is on this side of mein kampf.

The fact we’re at this point is a travesty. Every editorial board should be calling for Trump to go away and GOP leaders to resign in disgrace. The fact we allowed Trump to distract us into thinking Biden is the problem is tremendously stupid. The NYT is a joke and ownership needs to take a hard look at why editors are pandering to fascists rather than standing up for democracy.

And I’ll say again, now do Trump.

MTM, gingerbread, Tarheel316 and 11 others like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think while Biden may not be "hurting" Dems, I think he is missing a piston. If Harris becomes the nominee it will inject some excitement in a pretty boring Presidential race, attract voters who have "tuned out" thus far. I think all the bad stuff about Harris is "baked in" at this point. People just aren't buying Biden at this point. I think one more bad episode and he'll drop his bid - and there WILL be another bad episode.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

". . . surprised the left let it get to this . . . " etc., ad inf.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Kamala/Whitmer.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wish I could like this about a dozen times.

garrow, Dyno and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Given the present company, please don't take this personally. But we keep yelling about editorial pages calling for these guys to drop out. Does anyone here really think anyone at all cares what a newspaper editorial page says? Most of all Trump?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Trump dropped out, the GOP is in no position to find a replacement. My guess is the Trump family would just auction off the nomination.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Exactly. I can't remember the last time I read an editorial page.

And my opinion on this topic is based on what I have seen with my own eyes. Do I think Trump is totally unqualified, mentally unstable, an embarrassment to our country and should drop out immediately? Yes, of course I do. But he's not a candidate I will vote for - under any circumstances - and I'm very worried the candidate I intend to vote for is no longer capable.

gingerbread and Alma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted