1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I miss when these hillbillies didn’t care about politics. Trump is just a different kind of NASCAR racer to watch and cheer for.

SFIND and matt_garth like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Them’s rednecks, not hillbillies.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

;)

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

2008 Biden.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So Al Gore??

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Hoopies in the hollars…

Just depends on location, but the term fits the same demographic.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fucking France gets it done, and we don’t have the balls to tell Biden his time is over.

Great day to be French.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You mean before I was born? If you’re going to put words in my mouth at least be good at it. And no, it actually embarrassing to see people fanboying and fangirling for a political figure like this is North Korea. Rocking car flags and bumper stickers like Trump is their favorite sports team.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of hillbillies …

I spent the past couple nights in Mountain View, Arkansas. It is deep in the Ozarks. Home of Jimmy Driftwood and site of the Ozark Folk Center, which is home to Ozark Highlands Radio (check your local NPR station for air times).

Friday night, I walked over from our AirBNB to the pickin’ park. They’ve got four small pavilions where guitarists, mandolin players, banjo players, fiddle players and the like gather to play in small groups. For bluegrass fans, it’s heaven.

On Saturday, we walked an additional block to the courthouse lawn where they hold concerts on Friday and Saturday night. The whole dang town (and most tourists) show up. They had some wannabe country singer from the next county over playing. He was fine. He played enough Alan Jackson, George Strait and Brooks & Dunn to keep the lawn in front of the stage filled with line dancers from 6 to 86.

Then he gave a little speech about America and freedom and he said “I know how I’m voting this year and I hope you do too.” Then he launched into that damned Lee Greenwood song. Folks began standing and taking off their caps. I stayed seated. And left my cap on. I got a few stink eyes, but that was it. My family, luckily, had walked across the street to the ice cream stand.

Draft saved Draft deleted