1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOL 75 million assholes approve.

It's actually funny.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. That's like saying every state should only have two senators.

[​IMG]

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Waaah Biden is old what are we going to do, waaaah

Seriously. Biden isn’t going to lose because he looked bad at the debate. He’s going to lose because Democrats are playing by the old rules are have just plain given up fighting Trump.

Biden had a bad night, really? One? Trump had a bad seven years: four as the worst president we’ve ever seen and three as a weak man yelling at a cloud and being indicted.

Biden hasn’t been flashy enough? My god, you mean you want millions of Americans to die because you want a flashy President? Millions of Americans are gone. Some of your loved ones are gone because we had Trump being a flashy President.

You can’t name something Biden has done? Gee what has Trump done, I mean other than being convicted on 34 felonies and facing at least one other trial.

Biden had no plan for being old? Really? Trump’s only plan is which drive through to go through: spoiler, it’s every one he passes.

I mean this isn’t hard. Play by the 1968 playbook, you lose. It’s 2024. There is only one game being played and it’s Trump’s game. He’s incompetent, but sure Biden looked old. Country is still working. He’s incontinent, but sure Biden shit the bed at the debate. He’s impotent, but yeah Biden can’t get his words up.

In a normal world, Trump would be in jail and not running and tbh GOP runs someone more electable. Biden probably yields to Harris and we start over. But we’re not in a normal world. Win now. Focus on one incoherent, narcissistic bed wetter and leave other problems for when this country is not on the verge of a nazi takeover.

Biden is not stepping aside. Harris is not taking over. The doom isn’t helping.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Like, I desperately want to be proven wrong. But I’m not seeing it.

I do agree that if Biden was going to be persuaded to leave by anyone other than the undertaker, it had to have already happened. But the moment has passed, he and his party are now pot commited and maybe he can pull off a 1948-style miracle.

It’s a lot to hope for.

OscarMadison and franticscribe like this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I honestly think Democrats assumed that Trump would either go away or finally be shunned by his party after January 6. When neither of those things happened, they turned into Ralph Kramden and went, "hummina hummina, hummina..."

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Just curious how many thought when Biden won in 2020 that he would be the guy again in 2024?

Close to nobody is my guess. I voted for Biden then but didn't even consider that he might run again in 2024. I even said one and done.

Weren't we told or led to believe it was set up for the transition to Harris. Wasn't that the big thing, a woman, one of color, taking over?

That hasn't worked out so well, and we're back to 2016, but it won't be a surprise this time if Trump wins.

Slacker and maumann like this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sad for your loss, @Starman.
    I have the same situation, too.

But your sister is always your sister.
    Remember, and celebrate, all the good times.

That being said, thanks for one hell of a post there.
    We never had dustups until Fatfuck got elected, too.
    But now we're not close anymore. I hate that guy most for building a cult.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The Washington Generals wouldn't have kicked the ass the Dems did in the 2022 elections.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can buy that. I also think Biden just felt it was his right to run again and no one was going to say anything until now that It’s too late.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think the prevailing thought was Trump would die or the GOP would go away from him. When that didn't happen, it turned into, well this guy beat him once, why not again?

If they had gone with anyone else as the nominee, I think Biden would have walked away

garrow likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree if convicted criminal cockroach trump had gone away, as he should have and as the so-called party leaders should have taken care of, Biden would not be running at this point.

I'm also pretty sure nobody really knows shit about shit as far as what the right move here is. It does feel like a bit of a vendetta right now against Biden, in the window of comparison of how trump's metal decline and bat-shit craziness is being ignored. The feeding frenzy is a bit much.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted