1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc., are so easy to get. Just a phone call to the appropriate county.

I needed all kinds of stuff like that to send to TransAmerica to begin my Tribune Company pension. Much more documentation than anyone would ever need to vote.

Having those things handy is just smart. You never know when you might need some documentation in a hurry to clear up an issue. Especially in an era of identity theft.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2024
  2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It's the crux of populism.

"That sounds great! The solution is so obvious! Why aren't we already doing that?"

"Because there's more nuance which you're not considering."

dixiehack and Neutral Corner like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You know how the D's are supercharging voter turnout by getting abortion rights amendments on the ballot? The R's have figured out how to ground that idea.

Arkansas AG just turned away a petition with more than a hundred thousand signatures to put such an initiative on the ballot on a paperwork procedural technicality.

"The group also said it had worked with the secretary of state’s office throughout the process, using affidavit paperwork supplied by the office to provide the state with a list of paid canvassers and the required information associated with their employment.

“Asserting now that we didn’t provide required documentation regarding paid canvassers is absurd and demonstrably, undeniably incorrect,” it said.

The group said it had emailed the required signed statement to the office “more than a dozen times.”

WaPo gift link. https://wapo.st/4f1v8Kn

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the Governor then called the organizers "immoral and incompetent."

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And its opponent is the most egregiously unfit candidate in POTUS history

6. Neutral Corner

Gotta love tthe reply:

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I imagine this news conference today is just going to fan the flames for another week of discontent. I've been wondering if there might be a backlash to the backlash coming, but Joe would have to be awfully good today and, probably, for an Israel deal to come together with a narrative that he did a lot of the work.

Something would have to significantly change the path of what feels like a burning train. I think. Hell, I don't even know anything.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Harris could carry the torch for the administrations accomplishments, change the dynamics of the race, suddenly make Trump look the old, out of touch guy and generate excitement in the party's key constituencies.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

"Noooo." <laughs> Bobert gets memed.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I still think Boebert is missing out on a lucrative OF career.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted