1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It hasn't started yet.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He hasn't yet stepped out.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't argue with me, argue with the Commerce and Labor Depts. They're the ones with the stats. Oh, yeah, TSA and Triple A, too. They're the ones with the travel stats.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And Nancy!

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Throat GOAT

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hasn't started ... yet.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You were the one who posted about "what they do." You are talking from an insular world that doesn't seem to understand the reality millions of people are living.

And . ... Your "stats" don't show what you even think they do, a lot of the time. You are giving me the headlines / spin.

You have record numbers of people working multiple part time jobs (we have LOST full time jobs), according to the BLS (do you want me to quantify it from their own reports over the last 3 years?), which has gotten more dishonest than ever during this administration.

They put out a report on the first Friday of the month in which they "created" some made up number of jobs and you read the headline and rely on the "stats." Never mind that month after month they have revised their made up number dramatically down, because nobody reports the revision (just the next bullshit headline being fed).

Have you ever dug into any of the reports? Did you note how many of the "jobs" that were created last month were government jobs, while manufacturing continues to bleed jobs? Have you ever tried to reconcile how the household survey is showing something dismal month after month (the reality people are reporting about their employment situation), while the establishment survey they rely on says something different? Do you know that someone working 2 part time jobs, struggling to make ends meet counts as "2 new JOBS!" according to the "stats" as they are giving them to you?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

OMG, Spitting Image is still a thing.

IMG_5842.jpeg

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The longer they take to get him out there for this news conference, isn't it getting farther away from his last nap?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know it's a damn bad look, given the current landscape.

11. The Big Ragu

Maybe it can be a good look if he comes out sharp as a tack after 8 pm.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The way they talked last hour on NPR was the NATO meetings may have been running long.

Draft saved Draft deleted