1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Three holes on a regulation golf course without carts would do it. Caddies can carry the bags. Fatfuck would never make it down the first fairway without collapsing face first into a sand trap.

playthrough likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I gotta say, Ronnie. You're one of a kind! America will never elect as president another geriatric, mendacious celebrity Republican whose first name ends in "onald."

[​IMG]

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

At least his wife wanted to be by his side and smiled when she was

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ask him how many criminals in the cabinet or other high administration positions is an acceptable number.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Read a couple of things last night that dozens of elected democrats were going to come out and tell Biden to drop out today. It seems like that hasn't happened? A few, but not dozens.

The odds are likely still that Biden will be forced out. Though the dismal debate performance doesn't really seem to have changed things.

The presser last night also seems to be getting better reviews that we had here (I didn't see much of it). Not raves certainly, but points for showing a command of policy and plans and contrast with trump. His speaking voice is weak now and his delivery can be rambling. But there was substance there. Certainly more in one hour that trump has given in his entire miserable fucking life.

Wonder how much more positive it would've been had he not fucked up the two names, which got most of the attention by the national media. I'm not downplaying that. It was bad. But his gaffes are sort of baked in I guess.

I don't know. I really don't. I do know Biden will never win points for debating or public speaking at this point in his life. But I'd certainly trust him to sit in a chair and make decisions based on expert information. And his record of getting a whole lot of shit done under difficult circumstances.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
    Spartan Squad and garrow like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. You created the Trump 2.o monster, Mitch.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Kamala Harris and Gretchen Whitmer: No Country For Old White MAGA

Deskgrunt50 and micropolitan guy like this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wish I lived in the America that you guys lived in during 2020. It was clearly a much nicer and much better place than the reality I was in where JOE BIDEN WAS ALWAYS THIS GUY.

In fact, I remember Biden getting his teeth kicked in by his future VP in one or the debates.

in fact, i remember many of us watching his debates against Trump saying, “just don’t say anything stupid.” Then we considered it a victory when he didn’t.

In fact, didn’t he call Obama “Barack America” or some shit.

People are just now realizing this?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have been met with anything other than the same disappointment Sargent McCluskey had outside the hospital when Tom Hagen and the bodyguards showed up and he had to let Michael go. There will just be another HGH STAKES news conference down the line.

Biden is the flip side to Trump's coin. Trump would woodenly read some words and refrain from butt scooting on the carpet and we get "Hmmm....a new tone from The President...he seems to be pivoting and showing signs of growing into the office..."

Biden could have been Jericho on the mic circa '99 and it'd be, "Hmmm...better, but it was just one speech and he still has a lot to undo to ease the chaos...he's still on SHAKY GROUND,... speaking of which, Sanjay Gupta joins us next to talk about the White House's Parkinson's doctor..."

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This wants me to go for the barf bag. And fuck Zuck.

But I'm not sure trump's garbage on meta platforms will be quite as persuasive as they were in 2016. I very well could be wrong about that. But that crowd is older and calcified, I think.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Elon has reportedly started giving to a pro-Trump PAC.

Draft saved Draft deleted