1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

There's nothing in Joe's speeches, etc., that suggest he's stepping aside. If any of this was seeping in, there's no way he would've done the presser. The Detroit speech tonight was a double-down. I just don't see it happening. They're clearly going on offense - whatever that means now.

SFIND and maumann like this.
  3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is what a real, good President does.

Now, compare that to the kind of stuff Trump habitually posts on X, let alone what he actually accomplishes.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Are they getting internal polling in the right swing states that actually shows things didn’t go in the toilet?

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I've seen in a few spots they're going to focus on the old blue rust best wall of Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. Which makes a lot of sense. Barring anything bonkers elsewhere, that would get the win.

maumann likes this.
  6. UNCGrad

Tonight's speech was a, "First 100 Days" campaign speech. They've shifted. On offense.

maumann likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We have a plan for the first 100 days. Now let's talk about their plan for Day One.

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Watching on C-Span. Or half in the bag. Or just plain out of it.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

that’s been the plan all along — you can have Georgia, Nevada and Arizona flip back but you keep those three and you win.

I know POLLS but Biden’s gotten a bump in Minnesota, maybe there is good news around there

maumann likes this.
  10. UNCGrad

I expect the narrative, "Hey, a vote for Joe is a definite vote for Kamala!" to start building.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but he needs to make sure he keeps one of the three of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. One slip and it's over. Or, lose all three as Hillary found out.

maumann likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

And it should start building.

Draft saved Draft deleted