1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This won’t play into his martyr complex at all.

HanSenSE and SFIND like this.
  2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I've posted before about the Fox News brain rot my father has experienced. One of his favorite talking points the last six months or so was that he was worried some antifa boogeyman would try to take Trump out and I kept pointing out that the people with guns and military or police training and/or radical militia experience (i.e. Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, III percenters, etc) were much more likely to be Trump supporters. Fuck if this doesn't feed that fever dream Fox and others have been selling.

gingerbread likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I said months ago that someone would be gunned down during this election season. Not either top of ticket, but someone will. I think.

ChrisLong and SFIND like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Early reports of one person dead at the rally. No word if it is a bystander or the shooter.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Democrats need to say;

1) We deplore violence and we hope any persons injured recover quickly and fully.

AND NOT ANOTHER WORD.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Multiple sources have reported that the shooter is "down" but they also often don't count him.

Some PA congressmen at the rally have told news orgs there are other victims.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Zero chance. ZE-fucking-RO that chicken shit bastard takes a bullet then stands up like he's TR.
    Plus, if a bullet, even a .22 short, had grazed his ear, it would have carried into the people behind him.
    Staged BULLSHIT.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's a fucking act.

[​IMG]

Driftwood likes this.
  9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All that for a drop of blood.

SFIND likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The first thing I’d do after being shot at is worry about my shoes

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The angles don't make a lot of sense to me, either. When he grabs his right ear, he appears to be pointing at 2 to 2:30 (if straight out into the crowd is 12). So for someone to graze him in the ear, he would have had to be looking straight at him at the time, which would mean that several bullets would have gone right into the crowd behind Trump and to his left. It's possible, but not very apparent from the same clip of video.

That said, I don't know how you could fake something like this.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted