1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Somebody who I assume is real happy right now is Musk. This continues to show how much X still dominates for live news.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It reinforces that a half inch is all that kept this from being a much more awful story.

SFIND likes this.
  3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Anyone who shoots on here/our ex military people: can we safely assume this guy was a competent marksman to be so close? I haven't heard how far away that building was, but he was a good bit back it seems, correct?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Too bad for him that he drove away what little advertising revenue it used to have, so he can't monetize a surge in eyeballs as well as he'd like.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is a security fuckup of cosmic proportions. I thought cops LIKED Trump.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No way in hell there weren’t drones there even beyond the perimeter.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

A lot of cops aren’t particularly smart

8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

9. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

So I've heard from both sides now that Biden coordinated the assassination attempt and also that Trump himself coordinated his own assassination attempt for the sympathy.

And we wonder why so many clamor for a third-party choice?

HanSenSE and SFIND like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Morons are equally distributed across the political spectrum. And the leading third party candidate is both a moron and a very bad guy.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s really stunning that many of us feel that a guy who is in the hall of fame of the World Wrestling Federation may not have everything on the up and up.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’ve seen people measuring it on Google Maps putting it at 410 yards from the stage. Most people don’t practice at that range, especially with their hearts pumping at 180 BPM as his likely was.

That said, how the Secret Service allowed that rooftop in the line of sight to be unsecured is a huge failure. If anything, they should have had one of their guys first.

2muchcoffeeman and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted