1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I think I might re-watch "Bob Roberts" tonight.

(Well, crap. Not on any streaming services I can find. And the DVD I have is in a box somewhere.)

Oh, wait, someone posted it on Vimeo.

mpcincal and garrow like this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

There have been any number of terrible events and terrible feelings today, so here's one good one:

On YouTube I found someone who "fixed" Star Trek V: The Final Frontier by adding a laugh track.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm bad at math, but let's assume a muzzle velo of 3,000 ft/sec. The streak appears to be about 1 1/2 to 2 feet long. Therefore a camera with a shutter speed of 1/1500 to 1/2000 would be able to capture something (and with modern equipment in broad sunlight, that is certainly possible). Incredibly lucky image.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

The day after a great night for Biden, when he took the Detroit stage and hammered Trump. Really laid into him. And scored.

Then this. He can't say shit about Trump for weeks, months, maybe ever. And the convention now.

The guy gets fucking shot at and is STILL the luckiest fucking bastard who EVER lived. Perfect photo. The best photo. Everything is always perfect for him. Everything.

He's winning. I'm convinced now.

Republics always die. Ours will, too.

And he did it.

It's over, everyone. It's over.

SFIND likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He really is the luckiest fucker ever.
    The polls will really go nuts now. Fewer people will be willing to admit they're voting against a guy who got shot.

SFIND likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Any info yet on the would-be assassin? I just got off work and had to follow everything on my phone.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"Someone tried to shoot Trump - he can't be beaten now!" is one of the sillier leaps of logic on here in a while.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

so is, God saved him from death, but they say that too

guess God loves watching all these schoolkids die instead

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Good thing it happened in July...

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

TR agrees.

SFIND, Typist Clerk and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Twirling Time

The second Stinky McStinkpants says something critical of the Dems, the force field goes poof.

So I think he lays low and milks his "recovery" for all its worth while letting his red tie surrogates do the dirty work. He's got a pro campaign staff this time and it shows.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted