1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I do find it suspect that I haven't seen any reputable news source that has posted that purported bullet shot -- not even the NYT. Not even Doug Mills himself, who instead tweeted out two other aftermath photos he shot.

One would think Mills would want to tweet out a photo that might be an automatic Pulitzer.

Sad that a potential fake photo would be dispersed by someone who himself was a former AP photographer and press corps member, but never doubt any MAGAt.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tentative ID. 20 year old man from Pennsylvania. Nothing else so far

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's a slow news cycle so "good thing" is relative. It knocks the Senile Joe narrative off of A1 for a while, for sure. But instead we get Palpatine Don. YMMV.

4. Twirling Time

I'm not saying the photo is legit or fake. I'm just saying it's not impossible.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How many Secret Service careers ended tonight?

7. Twirling Time

"TRUMP WAS SHOT"

8. Twirling Time

"TRUMP WAS SHOT"

9. Twirling Time

Not as many as should have ended after 1/6/2021.

SFIND, qtlaw and Smallpotatoes like this.
  10. Twirling Time

Shakespeare did better with Marc Antony than he did with Orange Julius. He only lent one ear.

Typist Clerk likes this.
  11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If I am Trump’s advisor, I would tell him just to do ONE more event before Election Day. The Sunday before Election Day and do it at a place like Jerryworld.

He can ride out the defiant fist all the way to his second term. The optics are incredible. He doesn’t need to make any more events.

Right now he’s sitting on a 20 against a dealer’s 6.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Except that, it's not a premise, and it's not rhetoric.

Trump is a threat to democracy, and he is an authoritarian fascist who must be stopped. Not killed, but stopped.

It's terrible that this act of direct, outright violence against Trump happened, but his own very divisiveness is likely what prompted it.

If Trump could/would be a little frightened and a little humbled as a result of this attack, it would be a good thing.

SFIND and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted