1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He moves his head and turns so much when he speaks. It blows my mind that two inches, or a half second, could have changed everything.

TowelWaver and Driftwood like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Listen to the words he was saying leading up to it.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This didn’t make him look “strong.” It made him look psychotic. Someone is shooting at me, I’m running. I’m
    Not Stopping to tell the crowd anything. I’m not stopping… at all. I’m running.

Smallpotatoes, HanSenSE and Songbird like this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The-Manchurian-Candidate.jpeg

2muchcoffeeman and swingline like this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's Trump. He would split his 10s. Or double down on Ace-9.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Manchurian Candidate.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some thoughts:
    I thank God it wasn't successful. I can't imagine how bad things would get if it was. Seriously.

Suddenly, nobody is talking about Biden's cognitive abilities.
    So glad it was a white guy. I imagine some figured it had to be a lesbian of color worried about being deported. But really, when you think about it, those most freaked out about a second Trump term are the least likely to attempt something like this.
    I'm guessing more than a few people will be "disinvited" from the Democratic National Convention after their social media "hot takes" are discovered.
    Considering how "insightful" some on the right were about about who was behind the shooting, I'm guessing the FBI should interview them to find out how much they really know.
    How long until someone on the left claims it was a "false flag" event.

America needs to chill the f-ck out.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Fuck Trump and all his cult followers.
    I wish with every fiber of my being that he had died. The "shooter" had one job to do, and he missed. Why go for a head shot? Shoot the sumbitch center mass. YOU CAN'T MISS.
    The day he does die, I'll be out in my driveway chugging and spraying beer like it's VE Day.
    This country or the world has less than zero benefit from him ever taking another breath.

BTExpress, melock, swingline and 2 others like this.
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I do thank God it wasn't successful, because I don't think Trump should be killed -- just not running for President. He never should have been an option, and I blame the Republican Party that he is.

But I actually don't think things would've gotten worse if he'd been hit, and killed. I think America just maybe, might've, finally, awakened the hell up. To what has been going on, to how stupid and pointless and ultimately damaging all this divisiveness has been, and how what we have right now in terms of a political battle is not what we need, at all.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted