1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Santa Cruz Sentinel did get in a story today, probably one very early version since I think their print deadline is around 5. The edition of the SF Chronicle sold here is generally a warmed over version of the previous day's metro front, as it was today.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We're going to see that damned photo more than the flag raising over Iwo Jima.

playthrough and TowelWaver like this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't know. At this point, I think he's probably as "popular" as he's going to get. The diehards have been diehards for almost a decade at this point, happy to buy his cheap shit, whether we're talking his words or his physical goods. Are Independents going to be swayed by this image? To me, it screams "elect me if you want more of this bullshit." Biden has been in trouble electorally because he's losing support thanks to the debate and his interviews, not because Trump is suddenly more popular.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Today is July 14....known in MAGA world as Stop Bastille Day

Cosmo and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately.

6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

There should have been Secret Service or contracted local law enforcement stationed on the roof itself. End of story.

You're in a wide open space with only a handful of elevated areas. Security should be on every single one of those rooftops and elevated spaces.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’d wager - thanks to the mish-mash of roles and duties - the Secret Service counter-snipers may have thought the guy was local PD until he touched off a shot.

Liut and maumann like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

garrow and I Should Coco like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

653f09fedc305ad96ff0f7272df19fa7624f3c7e.jpg

Tarheel316, HanSenSE, garrow and 3 others like this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It only does so much good if you can't touch it for 10-40 years.

At McClatchy we reminded our folks about changing SEO heads to print-friendly every few months. Whatever a blank stare looks like on Slack, that was the response. Sure enough, "Game time, TV set for State U. vs. Podunk U." would make the print edition instead of changing it to mention the time and the network.

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Then that's a massive failure, too. There should never be any question.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted