1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Seriously, I think getting mauled by a polar bear might be preferable than continuing with this shit. At least it would be over quickly. We've endured Trumpism for about 9 years now

Twirling Time likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not sure if all this is just venting, overload or mental exhaustion. Whatever it is, hope you’re ok.

OscarMadison and franticscribe like this.
  3. Driftwood

All of thee above.
    How much does it cost to move to New Zealand? They have sheep there. Sheep wouldn't eat me. I grew up on a farm, so I could raise sheep. I think it's cool and doesn't have 94% humidity.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife has family in New Zealand. First enjoy much rain. Second, unless it’s from the island (which isn’t much) it’s expensive AF to live there.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Newer nugget

Two sources told NBC News that the Secret Service flagged a building near the rally site as a security concern. Investigators will be scrutinizing how a gunman was allowed to scale it.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just like Uvalde.

8. Driftwood

God willing, I will be retired from my full-time gig this time next year. I will still need to find something to do for my own sanity for another 8-9 years. I want to drive a garbage truck. I get up at 4:30 every morning anyway. Riding around by myself with no one bothering me for several hours a day sounds pretty dang appealing. I'd say they drive on the wrong side of the road in New Zealand, but if I'm in a garbage truck, I'm sure I could figure it out.
    Zane Grey wrote about fishing off New Zealand, so those bases are covered. I like watching rugby well enough. I doubt they have good bbq there, but I can fix my own

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So you’re telling me you’re going to buy a boat and live in New Zeland’s version of Zihuatanejo

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Anderson Cooper to Mike Johnson: "The former president himself has also used that kind of rhetoric. He said on June 27, 'Biden is a threat to democracy, a threat to the survival & existence of our country itself.' That's certainly the same kind of language you're talking about"

it’s only wrong when the other side does it

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I spent a good bit of 2023 in New Zealand — mostly Wellington, a couple of weeks in Christchurch, a week in Auckland. Good people, beautiful country, but definitely not an island vibe. The economic situation is a bit rough and given how small and isolated it is, its options are fairly limited.

Draft saved Draft deleted