1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

A camera drone or two would seem to be an elementary precaution in this day and age.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Biden is wrong. This is exactly who we are as a nation.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mewling hand-wringing. Making sure to mention that he spoke to the god emperor himself.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[Watches COPA]

My respect for the Greatest Generation grows by the day. Apparently they were holding this entire society together by themselves.

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. Starman

It's still to be noted there's been no official statement from any credible or independent doctor as to Fatfuck's actual condition or a forensic examination of his injuries and their causes, so we are expected to accept verbatim the statements of his sycophants and hired stooges.

BitterYoungMatador2 and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Peter Jackson is bound to show up in New Zealand to film three more movies. I could stay in a Hobbit hole. Maybe I could be a set driver or something. What about the guy who claps that little signboard thing and says "action." I could do that. How much does he make?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The same ones who say he's 215 lbs.?

8. Starman

And 6-3.

As opposed to 6-0 1/2" and 375 pounds of reality.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

And unexplainable, too.

Trump offers nothing -- not smarts, not diplomatic acumen, not thoughtful eloquence, not respect or responsibility, not good old-fashioned, much-needed hope, not any U.S.- or life-affirming plan, not any care for women's rights, retirees' or elders' rights, students' rights, or even basic human rights or civil rights -- no rights beyond being able to get a-hold of and use guns.

And yet, he is the presumptive Republican nominee and has the Supreme Court securely in his back pocket. It's just inexplicable.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Why does it matter? He got shot at and got hurt and someone else got killed. What do we learn if we find out he was hit by schrapnel instead of a bullet? That he's a serial liar? We already know that. That he's an opportinist that will embellish stories in order to take advantage of them? We already knew that.

I don't give a shit what the precise nature of his injuries are. And I'm inclined to give someone whose just been shot at and injured in the process a little grace about how he retells it, even if he is a giant shitstain on society.

11. Starman

He deserves no grace and no latitude whatsoever. Anything he says, or is said on his behalf, must be presumed utterly concocted bullshit for his own personal benefit. Remember, he has a worldwide media empire/conspiracy working to return him to now absolute power.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why? That he was shot at doesn't suddenly make him less of a piece of shit.

He's just the idiot who had to show his face to his cult and raise his fist in the air when he should have been letting the Secret Service agents protect him.

Also, what the fuck were the agents doing allowing that? Lift his fat ass and carry him out of there.

WriteThinking likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted