1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The local middle school singer at the Yard Goats game last night would’ve been better.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Twitter user Ben Brady created this map of Ohio with logos of every high school in the state.

[​IMG]

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Happy Fourth of July Everybody!! Such a nice prelude to God Bless the USA! "They're coming to kill you!" Yeah, this happened out this way.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Don't leave out Tim Scott's carnival barking.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Uncle Tim needs to figure out how to back out of a staged engagement to a white woman.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I watched thru the dog killer's speech. She was really articulate as in really fucking good but knowing every word off her tongue needs to be fact checked. I was also intrigued by something Van Jones said at the CNN desk after they trotted out 3 black men in a row and that how disturbed he was by the way they sounded like black men who talk ABOUT black men instead of talking TO black men.

8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

It reminds me of when I was covering college hockey, and a local girl -- maybe 4 years old -- sang the National Anthem. She wasn't very good, but she was cute, and the crowd went wild for her. Year after year, she came back (the guess here is by the insistence of her mom), and each year, it got a little more uncomfortable. Because she wasn't very good, it got less cute. By the time she was 8 or 9, I thought, she needs to be an excellent singer for her age and for the area; she can't just be a kid belting out the Anthem. Otherwise, they could just have anyone sign up to sing it. In those later years, the SID and I used to catch each other and give a good eye roll.

Who knows? Maybe enough time has passed that the Home Run Derby girl was that girl!

9. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Verdict coming in the "Gold Bar" Bob Menendez trial.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

But inflation is cool when the GOP run tbings

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Guilty on all 18 counts!

Woody Long and franticscribe like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Rigged! Nominate him for POTUS!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted