1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lotta insecurity (but little curiosity) ‘round here.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Donald Trump......the answer to the question "What if Enron was a person?"

maumann, Deskgrunt50 and swingline like this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What is there to be curious about? We’ve been watching the same fucking movie for nine years now. It’s a formulaic as Law & Order. Or in this case, Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I love my gay friends.

I love my immigrant students and couldn’t give two shits if they have papers. I love my students from Vietnam.

I love my wife and love her opinions and autonomy.

I love teaching an honest history.

I love where I live.

I’m plenty secure.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Exactly. This whole show has been nothing but lies, fiction, double-speak, and cherry-picked facts and examples to fit a narrative. And people are eating it up, in part because there is nothing else on TV right now. So bad.

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

it was quite a set

Emmer: Donald Trump stands with the people and the police, our men and women in blue, not with the criminals and rioters.

Reality star Savannah Chrisley: We need to expose the Democrats’ corruption and better yet, the Biden family corruption. I know just the man for that job. Donald J. Trump has only one conviction that matters, and that is his conviction to make America great again.

7. Songbird

You hate simple truths “trolls” are pointing out … like how Big Red is killing it. That’s the word you use to call someone who watches this grotesque horrorshow and says Trumpers are on point in very real, very winning art of war ways. But hey, trolls are watching.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Those are certainly words.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

She’s the daughter of Cuban exiles, which deeply informs her views on government. Like I said, not mine. But if there is a future for America on the other side of Trumpism (I’m still betting the don’t pass line) then that’s the kind of sane conservatism we can at least engage with.

10. Songbird

They all crawled back to kiss Trump’s ring.

Dems won’t do that for Biden.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Your local government still contracts with a private vendor.
    How about roads? And police? And security for the financial services sector? Benefit from any of those?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Me either. Republic Services does a nice job. But my rates have increased by about 100%. And probably only 100% because they have to petition the local government for a rate increase.

Draft saved Draft deleted