1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

upload_2024-7-17_12-59-32.jpeg

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Democrats and Pitt fans are the same.

"We should fire Narduzzi!"

Okay, and replace him with who exactly?

"Go get Nick Saban!"

We can't afford him.

"Okay then Bill Bellicheck!"

He's not going to recruit and we can't afford him either.

"Anyone is better than Narduzzi! Just fire him!"

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Up until now many of those calling for Biden to step down were fringe, marginal people in Democrat politics. But when the major players are no longer worried about the blowback, I'd really start getting worried if I were Biden.

Might be time for Obama to have a heart-to-heart. Seems like that's one guy he'll listen to. I have no idea what his wife is telling him, but shame on her (IMHO) if she's telling him to keep running.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jeffries, Schumer, Pelosi, Obama in ascending order of importance are the only people who could possibly persuade Biden to step down for Harris, and I think they'd have to do it as a group. There is no indication they're at that point as individuals, let alone as a joint force. The difficulty is this. The only reason elected Democrats have for pushing Biden out is that they think he'll lose. None of them have said anything close to "he's not fit to serve anymore." So Biden, like every pol who ever lived, responds "whaddaya mean lose. I'm gonna win."
    Oh yeah, one more thing. If Biden stays in and loses, it'll be his fault alone. But if he drops/is forced out and the new Dem (Harris) loses anyway, folks like Schiff will get the largest piece of blame pie. That knowledge, I wager, is keeping many Dems silent. It's not like Harris polls well ahead of Biden.
    A cynical PS: If the polls were reversed and Biden led Trump by 2, 3, 4, 5 points I bet there'd still be Democratic handwringing. "He's not ahead by enough. He's gonna blow it."

Fred siegle and gingerbread like this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

She doesn't want to give up the power of being First Lady. Simple as that.

I've decried polling before, but I took a look at 538 just for shits and gigs. A couple of days ago, they had Biden winning in 53 scenarios and Trump in 47. Today, it's up to Biden in 54 and Trump in 46 with Georgia likely going back red. Take that for what it's worth in July, but any thought that the race is over and this week is a Trump coronation is silly.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

“The problem is all inside your head”
    She said to me
    “The answer is easy if you
    Take it logically
    I’d like to help you in your struggle
    To be in the GOP
    There must be fifty ways
    To be a Republican"

So you just pull a con, Don
    Be a bigot, Bridget
    Throw LGBTQ people under the bus, Russ
    Make a noose, Bruce
    Worship a felon, Helen
    Never tell the truth, Ruth
    Always be on the attack, Jack
    Always be the victim, Jim
    Spread Russian propaganda, Wanda
    Be comfortable with sleaze, Louise
    Bend the knee to Putin, Lynn

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If Schiff's doing it then I imagine the end is coming for Biden.

And if Schiff's doing it I imagine it's because he sees how effective the last few nights have been.

And yeah, it seems Jill is being selfish about giving up her role in the White House.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. Throughout history, most First Ladies couldn't get the hell out of the White House fast enough. Jill Biden just may feel her husband is being unfairly attacked. She may even think he's gonna win.

gingerbread and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

At this point, we are asking the '94 Bills to drop out of the Super Bowl in January.
    Put up, or shut up.
    Fish, or cut bait.
    Shit, or get off the pot

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yeah but the polls say the Joe Montana led Chiefs would....lose.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted