1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

From a cousin's FB post: "
    Anyone that knows me knows I'm a pretty conservative guy...which I got from my dad who was as conservative as it gets, and spent 30+ yrs as a Republican staffer on Capitol Hill.
    Once upon a time we were giggling about Hank Johnson asking if Guam would flip over if we added more Marines. I followed it up with a reference to Rep. Lee.
    My Dad - "Stop right there. Sheila Jackson Lee is on the other team, but we briefly worked together before I retired. She was gracious, engaging, kind, and a pleasure to be around. We don't talk bad about her in this house."
    May perpetual light shine up on them both"

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Since she lives in Florida can someone Baker Act her?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

nauseam

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Donald Fagen in the White House than Donald Trump

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Two centimeter wound, my ass.

OscarMadison and Slacker like this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

San Bernardino

San Bernardino

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

7. Neutral Corner

I think the simplest explanation for the tech guys like Peter Thiel and Mark Zuckerberg liking Trump is his cutting taxes on the very rich.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Here's what I think I see going on with the campaign to push Biden out. It seems to be driven in great part by a wealthy White Dem faction, some of whom have talked about holding an open convention to decide on a candidate. Call them the West Coast contingent, perhaps. There is starting to be some pushback from the Congressional Black Caucus, in part because there is a long history of support between them and Biden and in part because they see Kamala Harris getting muscled out as part of that process. I think they will stay firmly behind Biden and make it obvious that they'll walk if Biden isn't the nominee. The D's can sell it as a vote for Kamala as the real world backup and President in waiting.

I think that the BCC sees Kamala as VP as being very important to them, and they won't walk away from that easily.

I think that there are some potential '28 candidates who see their shot slipping away if she stays in the VP slot and is potentially an incumbent in '28. They're getting out over their skis and they're liable to cost the D's a very winnable election. Trump looks really vulnerable coming off of a shitshow RNC.

Biden only walks away if *he* decides to. I don't think that the party bigwigs can arm twist him out if he decides to stay.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2024
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Shot in the face?
    "President Trump took a bullet for America. Please stand and cheer."

Nicked in the ear?
    "President Trump faces months of recovery
    for his painful, gaping wound environment.
    Please show him the respect he has earned."

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Man that tone tonight, so turned down, so turned down

garrow likes this.
  12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

As ever, “the best people”

Draft saved Draft deleted