1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Also, what’s stopping a university from reclassifying a current major or slightly remodeling the required classes to fit into an approved program? It would be a mess.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or this: Student declares a major in one thing after taking a minimum number of courses to qualify for declaration but secretly loads up on courses in the truly intended -- but Trumpist-scorned -- major and then declares the real major at the graduation deadline. Are the Trumpists gonna come for the money? Or maybe they've already written that into their jagged little bill.

Hermes likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Amazon Bessemer votes against unionization. Alabamians set record for kicking themselves in the nuts and liking it.

tea and ease, HanSenSE and matt_garth like this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

When? Not promising I'd care having spent 20 minutes listening to a minister whine because he got a hand slap for telling someone to learn their place. Right now I'm debating if ten minutes with my heavy bag would be worth the hurt afterward. Seriously, sometimes I read stuff and then duct tape a piece of paper over the Century logo that says "Gimme a smooch."

This.

BTE can take care of himself. I shouldn't care if you called me a whore or overbred product of a land-grant university or whatever the kids are screaming at each other these days, but in all honestly, I might. People make all kinds of assumptions about newcomers and first gen Americans. I presumed you knew better.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    BTExpress likes this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

How 'bout them Qowboys!

matt_garth likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Hey, if I'm wrong I'll apologize (although he won't see it) and never say it again. But I don't think I am. And it's not a reflection on her. Her body, her choice. I'm sure she's better off here than in Russia. It's a reflection on him.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

While I think it’s wrong to deny scholarships based on a planned course of study, I think it would be a great thing to offer scholarships in fields that are needed and innovative. Putting doctors in areas they are needed. STEM scholarships. If someone wants to study 17th century English literature or Algerian history that’s great. But maybe government resources should take care of needs, chemical
    Engineers. Agricultural scientist, nutritionists, nursing.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Improvements in those areas need to start long before students are picking undergraduate majors.

FileNotFound and Mngwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted