1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like the fascist party thinks that's a bad thing 97.7 percent of the time.

They tried to sell the same shit against Obama too; "he wasn't really black enough." (Like they cared.)

According to the party pushing the legal theory that the Reconstruction Amendments (13-14-15) are unconstitutional, since they conflict with the Original Constitution as handed down from Mount Olympus, and thus should be voided.

Which would, by default, begin to re-legalize slavery.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  2. Starman

POTUS and VPOTUS are not supposed to be residents of the same state.

There was some muttering that would eliminate Rubio, DeSantis or Gaetz from possible consideration by Fatfuck as VP, but the general consensus was, "don't worry about it, SCOTUS will let him do whatever he wants."

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

12th Amendment:
    The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;

As I heard it explained to me earlier, the electors of a state cannot vote for a President and Vice-President who are both from that state, which is to say it would cost them all of California's electoral votes. Practically, Harris herself might be too much California as it is.

2muchcoffeeman and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Castellanos homered.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I heard, and I can't say I was surprised. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. I just wish he had been this funny when he was a Tiger.

maumann likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Interesting. And interesting this was written into the Amendment. Easy to forget they were more worried about state power than party power.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Beshear is nice and all, but he won't deliver Kentucky. Cooper can deliver NC and Kelly can deliver AZ.

The argument against Whitmer is Michigan is the closest of the battlegrounds and is winnable without her.

WriteThinking, garrow and gingerbread like this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

One thing people forget about 2000 is Dick Cheney was living in Dallas when W nominated him for veep, and Cheney had to move back to Wyoming because of the 12th Amendment.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Kelly is a really solid option... but it would be an interesting path for him.

I produce a weekly political show in Phoenix. I also produce and co-host a political podcast in Phoenix. I have a relatively good sense of the political scene and the players in Arizona.

I know absolutely nothing about Kelly beyond the basic bio stuff because that's all he gives you. He's only involved in politics because that was his wife's calling and he's doing it for her, fulfilling a destiny that was taken from her. He'll talk with the media but you are getting the interview and nothing else. I mean, even the people who hate us will chat a little. He doesn't really do that. He's not rude -- he's just not the social guy you expect in a role like this.

If asked I have no doubt he'd take it. He's the ultimate sacrifice-for-the-cause guy. He's a fighter pilot, astronaut, and has taken on a fairly miserable career on behalf of his wife. He'd do the job, and do it well, and quite possibly hate it but he'll never tell you that.

I suspect he'd also make JD Vance look like a sniveling little turd in a debate.

TowelWaver, qtlaw, dixiehack and 7 others like this.
  10. Starman

Again, the general consensus in MAGGAT Land seemed to be, "don't worry about it, they'll let the god emperor do whatever he wants."

In the end, I suspect none of Rubio, DeSantis or Gaetz ever had a chance, because they all have ambitions of their own --Fatfuck only wanted a completely subservient nut muncher.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Fuck that guy, right? Yeah, fuck that guy ...

upload_2024-7-22_1-36-13.png

qtlaw likes this.
  12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but it perks me up to know that you have some hope :)

Draft saved Draft deleted