1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought about this ... a bonus benefit.

Gutter, franticscribe, garrow and 2 others like this.
  2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

All is not lost. Brandon Miller and Brandon McNulty are competing for the U.S. at the Olympics. “Let’s go, Brandons!”

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Tim Ryan, Brian MacFarlane, Ted Lindsay on NBC ... introduced a certain generation to Peter Puck.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Donald Trump has always been a viable candidate because he appeals to a certain segment of the voting population's base instincts. He says things out loud that they've always thought. He has emboldened a large portion of the population. The Democratic candidate does not make Trump viable. This country does.

And I'm responding to this before reading the rest of the thread, but the bolded part only seems to come up with women.

Trump is a flippant jackass who says a ton of inappropriate things, and we're worried about Harris' laugh? Give me a fucking break.

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

52 percent, according to university statistics. I ask every semester who voted. It’s consistently almost none.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Meh. There are quite a few West Wing fans here, myself included. That doesn't mean I think the Democrats should listen to him, but the guy at least knows a little bit about politics.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. Another thing.

George Clooney had better be dumping a heavy amount of cash into the Harris war chest.

You too, Meathead.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Dunno about them. But supposedly she's killed it since yesterday in small donations.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kamala did a good job at this White House event today.

Nice to have an articulate voice running for the big seat.

TigerVols and qtlaw like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Looks like it'll be $100 million in contributions through ActBlue in the 24 hours since Biden's announcement.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't worry. The celebrity stampede to Big Kam will be overwhelming. Movie stars, rock stars. Every female athlete who ever breathed. Team Fatfuck is already whimpering about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted