1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My sports analogy is this: It reminds me of the 2015 Mets, who were stumbling along with John Mayberry Jr. as their cleanup hitter (Biden getting his 40 percent approval rating) hitting rock bottom with the Wilmer Flores tears (Biden’s debate performance), muddling along even further by blowing a two-run lead in the ninth and losing to the Padres (Biden’s press conference and Stephanopolis interview) … and now, they just got Yoenis Cespedes (Biden out; Harris in). There’s a new energy, that can maybe take them all the way. (We’ll ignore the Mets’ WS loss.)

Dems also need to take a page out of FDR’s playbook and start mocking the constant fear mongering. Keep repeating “Republicans have nothing to offer you but fear and hate. Fear, fear, fear. Hate, hate, hate.” Repeat it over and over again.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I think history will treat Biden's presidency quite well. He has a significant list of accomplishments over the last four years, and he's got time to focus on a few more things before January.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gee, that's tough.

gingerbread likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. Too sleazy for King Sleaze

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Those are the kind of numbers that even Fucko can understand.

Sincerely hope he's power-shitting his diapers today and throughout the week.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

She did whatever she did, for years, to get ahead. And she got ahead, too.

Now she's at the top, and we'll see. Maybe she's the better for it. She's relatable, which helps. Yeah, she's kind of a flake. A lot of people are. She's not a fucking liar, tho.

Plus, compared to Trump, she's young.

Octave likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Well, I see he could be tapped out after paying all that money to E. Jean Carroll ...
    Worlds-Tiniest-Violin.jpg

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

STICK TO POLITICS! (This was an emotional Mets roller-coaster I wasn’t prepared to re-live this afternoon).

But it would be fantastic if Kamala Harris performs the way Yoenis Cespedes did down the stretch in 2015. That’s a Dem win. But we should be prepared for her to be on the IL most of 2026.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was militant about ending the nonsense about Biden dropping out because 1) it should have been done last summer. Sell it however it works to let Joe enjoy his twilight with Jill. 2) there is an extreme hypocrisy with Trump getting a pass for being worse than Joe.

But I think this makes a ton of sense. Harris adds an energy and a renewed passion that will be needed. I think she can do what Joe couldn’t. He gave us stability after Covid to rearm. Now we go to war.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

My anecdotal story is that yesterday I played golf in western RI. Fairly red country. Passed three or four Trump flags on my way to the course. Got angrier as I went along. Played golf (where there was little cell service - kind of nice, actually). Finished by 3:30, got a little bit of signal and saw that he was out.
    Came close to driving back on that same road and running over all those motherfucking flags while blasting some Neil Young.
    LFG.
    (Also had something like 282 unread messages from this thread, which made for enjoyable reading later that night.)

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

All Trump had to do on what should have been a glorious Wednesday morning for him in Nov ‘20 and say “Good luck, Joe. We’re all counting on you.” and ride off into the sunset.
    He still gets the trappings but not the headaches of the world’s toughest job.
    Most of his failures will soon be forgotten if not forgiven.
    He still gets to grift off the rich and poor alike.
    He still gets to brag about his abilities and lie at paid public speaking events to the adoring rubes.
    He doesn’t wind up in court.

He is literally too stupid to realize he was given a golden parachute by losing an election.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He'd still be in the race if he could AI himself.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted