1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's Saban pulling Blake Barnett who shit the bed and putting in freshman Jalen Hurts who needed about a quarter to start cooking then put up 52 points.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

JD Vance, assclown who somehow falls upward.

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

More normalization of a genuine evil opportunist and threat to democracy.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if Jussie Smollet endorses her, too.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Stick it in your ear. Heh heh heh.

WriteThinking likes this.
  7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

New Lincoln Project ad in support of Harris is exactly the right kind of message Dems (and their surrogates) need right now:

Spartan Squad and HanSenSE like this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Remember when Clinton won in '92? Or Obama in '08? For me it was electric, it was a signaling that there was change in the air. Certainly not revolutionary, but that the status quo was changing. Clinton was a neophyte who brought youngsters to the WH, 40+ yr olds. Obama was a shift away from the Bush-Cheney old guard.

Harris feels similar. Instead of two 78+ guys on the ballot, we have someone significantly younger now. Someone who's overcome, who understands what its like to be a minority, yet who has reached the uppermost reaches of our society and government.

If America falls for the wannabe dictator, the world will turn away from us and look at other, more stable sources of capital partnerships and our standard of living will plummet. Oh and history will not be kind to us voters.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still, grifters gonna grift ...

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exactly how I felt when I filled in the circle for Obama in 2008. Respected John McCain, but every time he talked during the campaign, Karl Rove's lips were moving. The GOP, then as now, wanted to turn back the clock. Obama was pushing it forward and, to use the campaign motto, offered hope.

OscarMadison, garrow and qtlaw like this.
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If we keep running up a trillion dollars of new debt every 100 days, and having bigger and bigger bond auctions that require a central bank to monetize that debt because no one would otherwise buy it, our standard of living will continue to plummet, as it already has.

Things have changed since Clinton and Obama. When Clinton was elected the national debt was about $4 trillion. When Obama was elected it was $10 trillion. Today it is pushing $35 trillion. Since 2008, politicians have sold a bill of goods (and run up massive debts) that has hamstrung what is possible anymore from "electric" politicians promising to be Santa Claus.

I think people intuitively get it, which is why Kamala Harris doesn't resonate with a huge group of people (you notwithstanding) the way Clinton and Obama did. That's partially because she's not as personable as either of them, but it's also because enough people seem to feel like they have bought that "change" over and over again and gotten something worse than what was promised.

EDIT: Also, she's not within 10 zip codes of Clinton or Obama in terms of resonating with voters. They each came out of nowhere and took their nominations from candidates who had much better name recognition. She ran out of money in 2019 / 2020 without ever having gained much traction. It's why Joe Biden was able to ride in to take the nomination.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Did I see that Nikki Haley PAC endorsed Harris?

Draft saved Draft deleted