1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

If I read one more thing about how Kamala Harris was allegedly hard on her staff ...

Who in the blue hell votes on stuff like that?

Her likeability factor would matter way, way more if she was running against someone likeable on the other side. That she is running against one of the biggest goons of all-time really kind of blunts whatever her own likeability is quite a bit.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This is the big leagues.
    I'd bet every one of these people drives their staff hard.
    They need to in order to get shit done.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She's running against a guy who is embraced for firing people on national television. A guy whose staffers routinely find themselves in legal trouble and/or the target of a mob. So yeah, bring it on.

gingerbread likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /approves

Big Circus likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

She is obviously driven and focused, but I don’t think she has ever given off the “I would throw a kitten in a blender for this job,” vibe that a certain H.R. Clinton did.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

She was running for president and swung pretty hard at the pitch. It wasn't some obscure thing, just because people move on quickly to the next thing nowadays.

Lots of politicians weighed in. But she was the one with the "modern-day lynching" rhetoric (which she never really acknowledged). I found it notable at the time, because she has a background as a prosecutor.

This sums her up: https://www.thedailybeast.com/heres-why-kamala-didnt-hesitate-to-trust-jussie-smollett

As a politician, I'm sure she learned from it.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Waiting patiently to see who "likes" this one...

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Harris has a try hard quality similar to the night Rick Reilly wanted Stuart Scott to credit his tweet. A lot of people have that quality. She's not always likable, but she is relatable, and it'll have to be part of her appeal.

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My boss and I were walking back from a city event today and I mentioned there has been no rumblings about Polis, then we got back to the office and he sent that to me.

Chef's kiss. Very well played by Polis. But, yeah, he's not getting the call. My bet is on Cooper.

gingerbread likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was awesome.

I'd actually vote for him on that alone (I actually liked him already more than I do most politicians).

MileHigh and gingerbread like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted