1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

franticscribe and dixiehack like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Lost in this momentous news cycle(s) is the fact that Stefanik repeatedly dunked herself in the MAGA tank with hopes of being on the ticket.....and lost to the weird tech bro/hillbilly whisperer.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

May she rot in Hell.

matt_garth and tapintoamerica like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Biden called in before this Harris event. Nice talk and nice message.

garrow likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In a sea of terrible right-wing takes, this one...oh buoy

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I get that the deficit/debt is a huge issue for those who care about the financial stability of our country (me included), however IMHO this is about the very framework that our country operates, democracy and rule of law. The MAGA people have no regard for either of those two concepts. That's what I'm most concerned with.

VPOTUS Harris is not going to talk about the debt because that's not what's going to resonate with the voters. This is a two horse race, not a 21 player battle royale and I believe she's better equipped to handle fatf*ck than everyone else in the blue ring.

You can harp on "change" being promised over and over again but that's not what's at stake here, its about the very fabric of our country.

My questions to each and every voter:

Do you support a presidential candidate who mocks and demonizes any immigrant who is not Caucasian?

Do you support a presidential who says "just grab them in the p*ssy", has been found liable for sexual assault, and treats women accordingly?

Most importantly, do you support a presidential candidate who incited and supported an invasion of the US Capital while the election results were being certified?

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The way the last two weeks have gone, there's like a 15 percent chance Trump announces a new VP by Friday

franticscribe, garrow and maumann like this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wait, so now you're concerned with President Biden's well-being??

HanSenSE, franticscribe and garrow like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Saw a couple of clips of the JD Vance speech and the really weird Mountain Dew joke. This guy is in Ron Desantis awkward and off putting territory.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Rainbow over the WH: Either Biden died or Kamala chose Pete.

IMG_3984.jpeg

12. Deskgrunt50

Good speech from Harris. Assume it’s a lot of the regular stump speech, but topped with great respect and thanks to Biden, who was still on the call and chimed in a few times.

I think Dems will be fired up by that kickoff.

Lots of great trump attack lines. Dems also need this. They’ve been off the stage for weeks.

franticscribe, gingerbread and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted