1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Does this mean you’re not a fan of the “way too early championship predictions” that come out 24 hours after a title game?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

DEI is the new CRT. They couldn’t explain CRT, so they are attacking the idea you remember there are other skin colors than white. Honestly that’s it. They’ll gussy it up like it’s the selling of your souls at the expense of whiteness. It’s not. It was a pledge to remember when you approach a subject, there are many perspectives. When you get away from fancy country clubs and cigar bars and homogeneous circles, you realize there’s a big world out there that doesn’t have the same experience. And it isn’t a bad thing.

But Diversity threatens their hard R jokes and complaints about Eastern Asian drivers and thinking women are emotional ball busters.

I think of a kid I taught two years ago now. Bright and intuitive if a bit misguided. He took a reading test that asked him what stirrups, bridals and reins were used for. He was an inner city kid from a working class family. He hadn’t been around horses. But that was used to judge his reading.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Nice

SFIND likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And that list includes Palin. Of course it to people a good month or so to realize what a dumpster fire she was.

garrow likes this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Julian Bond: Well, this is the major problem with these studies. The measurements of I.Q. which form the basis of comparison come from tests composed by whites for whites. The tests are culturally biased; it’s not surprising that whites would score better than blacks.

Garrett Morris: Could you give us an example of what you’re talking about?

Julian Bond: Certainly. Here are some questions that have appeared on recent I.Q. tests. Number one: “You have been invited over for cocktails by the officer of your trust fund. Cocktails begin at 4:30, but you must make an appearance at a 6:00 formal dinner at the Yacht Club. What do you do about dress?
    A. Wear your blue-striped seersucker suit to cocktails and change into your tuxedo in the bathroom, apologizing to your host for the inconvenience.
    B. Wear your tuxedo to cocktails, apologizing to your host for wearing a dinner jacket before 6:00 PM.
    C. Walk to the subway at Columbus Circle and take the “A” Train uptown.”

Garrett Morris: Uh.. I guess I’d choose the last one.

Julian Bond: I’m sorry, that’s incorrect.

Garrett Morris: Damn.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just think what it means to oppose DEI - you are in favor of unfairness based on bias. In favor of excluding certain groups, promoting a mono-chromatic vision of the US. Admitting, that with a level playing field "your team" can't compete.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How come nobody ever gives a soft no?

swingline and tapintoamerica like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And finished, oh, 16 minutes ago

Twirling Time likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was going to unveil my 2025 mock draft tomorrow, but if you insist...

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

12. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

(tries to catch breath while bent over laughing ...)

Draft saved Draft deleted