1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you are like me and refuse to log into Xwitter, I think this provides a taste of what @gingerbread was referencing.

Shauna James Ahern (@shaunajamesahern) on Threads

This needs to be a bigger story and I suspect it will be soon. At the same time I love that this stuff is bubbling up from the grassroots without the usual suspects knowing about it in advance.

OscarMadison, maumann and gingerbread like this.
  2. dixiehack

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Vance dumped tomorrow? With some excuse as ill-conceived as his being chosen to begin with?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’m thinking Trump keeps Vance because Trump really can’t be arsed to can him. In his mind, Trump is the only person on the ballot anyway.

OscarMadison, maumann and Songbird like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Kamala held a Zoom with 40k black women on Sunday. Tonight 100,000 women got on a different Zoom call to support her. That's damn impressive.

And Trump ain't dumping Vance. Now, Vance might back out citing family reasons or something. Dude is damned if he does, divan if he doesn't.

6. dixiehack

And yes, anecdotes are not data and some of this is a honeymoon phase that will fade. But there has been more hope this week than anytime in the last 18 months. I don’t think I’m the only one who thought “I’m voting for Biden, but I’m through trying to convince anyone else to change their mind.”

garrow, TigerVols and tea and ease like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Vance wants to keep women from crossing state lines.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You’re awesome! I saw Pantsuit Nation pop back up on Facebook. Things like this give me hope.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He birdied every damn hole.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

* JD Vance eats his toenails.

* JD Vance lights his farts in the dark.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Imagine how shitty a candidate Tim Ryan had to be to lose to this wet blanket.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Clearly Vance was a misstep and should be replaced. This is why his campaign organizers eventually pull out their hair and quit. Trump will do what he does, for whatever reason he does, but good advice and logical thinking won't be why.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted